Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help & Tips Plugin
Help & Tips Pre-Plugin - Plugin Attached To Post

This Plugin places "Tips" in various areas of the CMS to guide your clients if needed.
A simple switch is up in the header to turn off the tips.
Tips are also included for i18n_navigation plugin menu organizer and News Manager plugin

Installation:
1. Drag contents of zip into plugins folder
2. If You Are NOT Using GS V3.1b Follow Below Steps:
- open 'admin/template/header.php'
- Paste The Following Code At The End Of The File
Code:
<?php exec_action('header-body'); ?>

Versions
1.1 - December 19 - 2011
- Fixed issue with relative links
1.3 - December 19 - 2011
- Removed "Quick Links" tip

Screenshots:
[Image: hints_tips.jpg]
Hi,

This will be a great plugin for me and my clients many thanks - i have a issue though

I have followed your instructions (running v3.0) so have added the code into the header.php as instructed i see the enabled hints & tips 'Off' & 'On' but i dont get the slider... screeny attached, i have debug mode enabled and I am not returned any errors..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and thanks again for making such useful plugins Smile
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:Hi,

This will be a great plugin for me and my clients many thanks - i have a issue though

I have followed your instructions (running v3.0) so have added the code into the header.php as instructed i see the enabled hints & tips 'Off' & 'On' but i dont get the slider... screeny attached, i have debug mode enabled and I am not returned any errors..

Any ideas?

I am glad it will be useful for you. If you want any further tips added, just let me know.

I am going to have to check into why it is not working for you. I will reply back tomorrow.
mikeh Wrote:

Any ideas?

I am glad it will be useful for you. If you want any further tips added, just let me know.

I am going to have to check into why it is not working for you. I will reply back tomorrow.

I cannot replicate this issue. I did however fix some relative link issues so maybe this will solve your problem. Try uploading version 1.1 of this plugin
Thanks Mikeh,

Still never worked, although I tried on a clean installed and it worked as it should, so I went back to my normal install and disabled all my current plugins until it worked (sorry I should of tried this first apologies!)

It seems the Link Manager plugin by Rogier Koppejan v1.1.1 is conflicting in some-way - me disabling this makes the slider appear! :/

As in to my previous post this is a very useful plugin many thanks! with it now being enabled I'll have a test and report back my findings.

Thanks again for your plugins and on going support.
Hey, looks great, but unfortuneately i only see hints at the top of the page, in the file manager tab, and in the backup tab.
the quick links arent shown.

Im using getsimple 3.0, and i will test tomorrow 3.1 with it. But i added
<?php exec_action('header-body'); ?> to admin/template/header.php at the end of the page.

In Debug mode i get the following
Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/user1/html/getsimple/data/other/user.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/user1/html/getsimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/user1/html/getsimple/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

EDIT: Seems to conflict with i18n, when i disable it i see the hint for the quick links but itself they are still invisible, also the "filter" hint is at the wrong position
m1k3y Wrote:Hey, looks great, but unfortuneately i only see hints at the top of the page, in the file manager tab, and in the backup tab.
the quick links arent shown.

Im using getsimple 3.0, and i will test tomorrow 3.1 with it. But i added
<?php exec_action('header-body'); ?> to admin/template/header.php at the end of the page.

In Debug mode i get the following
Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/user1/html/getsimple/data/other/user.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/user1/html/getsimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/user1/html/getsimple/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

I'm sorry, the quicklinks is a different whole script. It is not a plugin and is hard coded into the pages.php page for my clients websites. I should have probably removed them before taking the screenshot

Edit: I will provide the quicklinks as an addon to this plugin (or a separate plugin) when I have time this week.
Leave your time, but the quicklinks look so nice and i think they are much more useful than this small text hints .

Thanks for your support !
Hi Mike,

Looks and works great.

just one small thing, is the jquery ui a bit overkill for a slider? at 135k its biggie, think it might work
just as well with a checkbox.

Also in 3.1 we'll be changing the way plugin writers should queue and load scripts and styles.
just to avoid multiple version of core scripts being loaded.

I'm working on the docs at the moment and will upload them as soon as I'm finished..

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Hi Mike,

Looks and works great.

just one small thing, is the jquery ui a bit overkill for a slider? at 135k its biggie, think it might work
just as well with a checkbox.

Also in 3.1 we'll be changing the way plugin writers should queue and load scripts and styles.
just to avoid multiple version of core scripts being loaded.

I'm working on the docs at the moment and will upload them as soon as I'm finished..

Mike...

Awesome, that should solve the problem.

I agree with jquery ui being overkill. I will switch it to either a checkbox or radio buttons.
Hi,

I've attached a screen on what mine looks like on a fresh install

the Quick Links menu as you mentioned isn't available to us as yet, but the 'hint' description seems to be part of this plugin by default.

Thanks,

I've attached a screen on what mine looks like on a fresh install

the Quick Links menu as you mentioned isn't available to us as yet, but the 'hint' description seems to be part of this plugin by default.

Thanks,

Version 1.2 is attached to thread. I have removed the quick links tip until the quicklinks are integrated into the plugin.
Hello Mike in GS 3.0 your plugin dont work.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PUBLIC in help_tips.php on line 79
if i remove the "{" after this error and add two"}" in final of code, the error desapear but i have other error, cant load user.xml, can you help to make to work?
Thanks Mike