Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 Internal Server Error
I can't install GS so simple how it was! Smile

I copy all file & folders
type domain name and i get this:

"
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ...
"

Where is my error?

all files/folder permission is set at cmod 0757
aahaa!

Found solution...

Installed 3.1 beta... WORK! Smile

stable 3.0... ERROR. Sad

Ty for the visit.
im glad that 3.1 was better... great idea to try that version after 3.0 didnt work. Just for reference, what is your server setup, so we can hopefully see what went wrong?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I do have this problem and i have fixed by revert back the folder permission to 755.I am using hostgator service,may differs with your hosting configuration
hmm...

same problem here ... as i deleted the htaccess everything works fine ...
i will check the entries of htaccess later and post my experiences later on ...
chimaera Wrote:hmm...

same problem here ... as i deleted the htaccess everything works fine ...
i will check the entries of htaccess later and post my experiences later on ...

Some hosting providers seem to have problems with specific rewrite rules in .htaccess, e.g. hostingsociety.com does not like RewriteRule ... [..., DPI] and returns a server error 500.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

Connie: no spam / advertisments in posts are accepted
i got same erro with the server ARUBA.IT
the log error was:
[Sun Mar 11 20:40:44 2012] [alert] [client 81.208.32.71] /web/htdocs/www.naturapi.it/home/gts31/.htaccess: Option Indexes not allowed here, referer: http://www.naturapi.it/gts31/admin/setup.php

as i see the path ...../home/gts31/ is not correct the correct is the last one

thank you for the help
I got the same problem installing version 3.1 on our website (hosted bij dreamhost.com). Server = vindemiatrix, it runs on PHP 5.2.x FastCGI

I made a subdomain: getsimplecms.ourdomain.be (ourdomain is not the correct name, but untill it realy works i do not want te give it free to everybody) en used filezilla to upload all files and subdirectories to this subdomain.

Every file and directorie (so not only the data-directory) has 755 as folder permissions.

When I go to getsimplecms.ourdomain.be it shifts to getsimplecms.ourdomain.be/admin/install.php and the HTTP-error 500 (Internal Server Error) appairs.

The same happens when I go straight to getsimplecms.ourdomain.be/admin/install.php.

What should I do to get passed this error and start the installation?
as subdomains mostly point to a subdirectory of the main domain (correct me if I am wrong), I suggest to install GetSimple in that subdirectory

when installation is finished, go to settings and change the URL in the settings
check whether RewriteBase in gsconfig.php needs to be modified

that is at least how I installed other systems which should "pop up" in subdomains not in subdirectories
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18