Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend Downloader Plugin
Extend Downloader Plugin
Download In Extend
View GitHub Repos.

This plugin will allow you to download and install items form the extend from within your website.

You can currently download:
  • Plugins
  • Themes
  • Languages

Installation:
1. Drag the contents of the zip file into your websites plugin folder.
2. Go to plugins->download plugins in your website

Concerns:
This extend downloader only downloads the plugin zipfile from the Get-Simple extend and then extracts the files into the correct folder on your website.

Some plugins require more steps to succesfully work (ex: News Manager). I recommend you read the documentation (the entire description & optionally support thread as well) for the plugin before installing it.

Not all extend items will be able to be downloaded & installed. If there is an error in a plugin or theme download attempt, this plugin will notify you of the error and instruct you to manually install it.

Screenshots:

[Image: extend-downloader.jpg]
great work, got an error initially tho, disabling the custom fields plugin fixed it tho\

sorry for the blue scribbles!
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:great work, got an error initially tho, disabling the custom fields plugin fixed it tho\

sorry for the blue scribbles!

Whoa, that is weird! I am not sure how that could happen.
I investigated the errors and cannot replicate this. I will look into it some more and let you know my results
Hi Mike,

This is such a great plugin; one of the hardest things with GS has been keeping the pluigns up to date.

Here is my wish list for this:

1.) Ability to filter the list by Latest tested version
this would allow one to only display plugins compatible with the current site version

2.) Filter by installed state
this would allow the user to display only installed plugins, for example if you wanted to update
or it would let you display only non-installed plugins, so you could browse things you don't have

3.) ability to collapse/expand each plugin listing, to make the page shorter and quickly browse the plugins by title.

thanks again for all your great contributions to get simple!

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:Hi Mike,

This is such a great plugin; one of the hardest things with GS has been keeping the pluigns up to date.

Here is my wish list for this:

1.) Ability to filter the list by Latest tested version
this would allow one to only display plugins compatible with the current site version

2.) Filter by installed state
this would allow the user to display only installed plugins, for example if you wanted to update
or it would let you display only non-installed plugins, so you could browse things you don't have

3.) ability to collapse/expand each plugin listing, to make the page shorter and quickly browse the plugins by title.

thanks again for all your great contributions to get simple!

-marc

All great suggestions. I will incorporate all of these into the next version.
Hi Mike, nice plugin.

Maybe you can incorperate a simple search bar and/or an A to Z links bar so you can go quickly to the plugin beginning with that name. Maybe a tag-cloud (maybe with a checkbox to enable/dissable)?

I was wondering what file permissions it sets by default when unzipping. I think it uses 755 by default for all files. Maybe you can change it so it uses 755 for folders and 644 for files?
Hi Mike,
I downloaded and installed Extend Downloader, but it doesn't seem to work. The plugins I was trying to update were i18n and i18n Gallery. When I clicked "Update" on each, nothing happened. Nothing downloaded and nothing updated. I am hosting it on dreamhost if that matters.
Appreciate any help.
Dominic
It be nice to have a update filter, so you can see only updates for plugin you have.

Also a dropdown at top to quick jump would be awesome.

Two issues

Some plugins say update instead of download, even when they are at the same version.
eg. custom admin css.

Quote:Custom Admin CSS Update

Version: 1.1
Updated Date: March 31, 2011
Support URL
Author URL Tested Earliest: 3.0
Tested Latest:
Is this plugin installed?: Yes
Current Installed Plugin Version: 1.1
Want your GetSimple control panel to have a different style? This plugin is for you.

And inactive plugins also say update. Since the ver isnt stored, maybe just show inactive/download or something

Oh and it says plugin was downloaded successfully, i thin it should also say it installed or have some log info, like plugin updated to version blah for positive feedback that it was updated also.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Last year I used to be using this plugin without problem. This time I use it again on a fresh GetSimple install, and whenever I try to download a plugin, the page refreshes up to top portion of the admin panel then nothing happens. I also tried to wait a bit to see if the plugin was being downloaded in the background and nothing was there. I haven't changed my hosting since the last time I used it.

Any ideas?
Do you still have ziparchive support ?
What version of GS ? SVN ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:Do you still have ziparchive support ?
What version of GS ? SVN ?

No, I don't have ziparchive support, although it worked last year that way.

I'm using 3.1.2, the latest version.
is this plugin allready under development ? Or development closed ?

somebody use this plugin ?

@shawn_a: what do you think about implantation into the core files ?
I see that another flatfile cms use this features (gp|easyCMS)

Hope somebody can help!
(2013-07-09, 22:16:22)phpman Wrote: is this plugin allready under development ? Or development closed ?

somebody use this plugin ?

@shawn_a: what do you think about implantation into the core files ?
I see that another flatfile cms use this features (gp|easyCMS)

Hope somebody can help!

Please keep GetSimple simple and keep such functionality as a plugin and well away from core. :-)