Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend Downloader Plugin
This is my rough draft for an extend downloader plugin

This plugin will allow easy download and placement of plugins, themes and languages from the GS Extend.

If anyone has the time or motivation to test this out and provide your feedback I would appreciate it.

Screenshots:
[Image: plugin-downloader-image.png]

Versions
Version .9.1
- Added zip checks to extend items in the "Plugins" category
mikeh Wrote:If the plugin downloader tries to download this it will grab the whole author-vcard folder and place it into the plugins folder. It will not cause any problems, but of course the plugin will not be functional or display.

I think you should do some basic tests before installing the plugin/theme, e.g.
  • for a plugin: there is at least one php file on the top level
  • for a plugin: if there are sub directories they are named like one of the php files
  • for a theme: the top level only contains a directory, which contains a template.php
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:If the plugin downloader tries to download this it will grab the whole author-vcard folder and place it into the plugins folder. It will not cause any problems, but of course the plugin will not be functional or display.

I think you should do some basic tests before installing the plugin/theme, e.g.
  • for a plugin: there is at least one php file on the top level
  • for a plugin: if there are sub directories they are named like one of the php files
  • for a theme: the top level only contains a directory, which contains a template.php

Thank you for your feedback! Those methods will work great.
So the extend item would either meet the above criteria (and install successfully) or return a message to the user saying they will need to manually install this plugin?
mikeh - I would also check for the existence of ZipArchive (is that the module you're using?) - some hosts dont have that installed...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:mikeh - I would also check for the existence of ZipArchive (is that the module you're using?) - some hosts dont have that installed...
yes that is the module I am using, I will add that check to the plugin. Thanks
ccagle8 Wrote:mikeh - I would also check for the existence of ZipArchive (is that the module you're using?) - some hosts dont have that installed...
Is ZipArchive being disabled common ? I believe I could use the php zip functions and then I would not need that module. Please let me know if I am incorrect.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.zip.php

I attached a new version of the plugin which checks extend items in the "plugins" category for compatibility.
well, we will find out after a few submissions of the "anonymous_data" plugin Smile

I do know that pair disables it for some unknown god-forsaken reason...
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Do you have any recommendations for converting the markdown to html?
mikeh: This is the way Extend does it...

1. Include markdown.php [ http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/ ]
Code:
require_once('includes/markdown.php');

2. When spitting out the description, do it this way:
Code:
echo Markdown(stripslashes(html_entity_decode($description, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')))
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:mikeh: This is the way Extend does it...

1. Include markdown.php [ http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/ ]
Code:
require_once('includes/markdown.php');

2. When spitting out the description, do it this way:
Code:
echo Markdown(stripslashes(html_entity_decode($description, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')))

I was trying to avoid including the 25kb markdown script, but that will work. Thanks
it just works... at least it should
- Chris

I think I worked out most of the issues. I am going to upload this to extend to get further feedback and suggestions.