Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I18N language in URL index page problem
Is someone using GS 3.0 and I18N 2.5.1 Navigation with "Include Language in URL"?
While without "%language%/%parent%/%slug%" permalink setting and edited .htaccess everything works fine, afterwards I have problems with the index pages. Every other page (Parents and Subpages) is working, for example "/de/vacations/". But not the link to the index pages:
/de/
/it/
/en/
Everyone gives a "Oops! Page not found!" with I18N edited Innovation Theme.
The link to the root "/" shows the index page of the Page Management Setting "Language of all pages with URLs without language code (like "index"), e.g. "de": ". In my case this is "de".
Here the .htaccess-code
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(de|it|en)/(.*?/)?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$3&lang=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
Even with using copy and paste from mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18n there was no change in the behaviour.
After some hours of testing (on local WAMP-Server) I ask me if someone can reproduce this or do I have a nasty bug in my code?
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.
Nope just an issue with your .htacess rewrite rules I think
Try this
RewriteRule ^/?$ en/ [R,L] # redirect to language of your choice
RewriteRule ^(en|de)/(.*?/)?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$3&lang=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(en|de)/?$ index.php?lang=$1 [QSA,L] # handle index page without 'index'

or this
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^/?$ en/ [R,L] # redirect to language of your choice
RewriteRule ^(en|de)/(.*)$ $2?lang=$1 [QSA,DPI] # replace with your languages
RewriteRule ^(.*);(\d+)([^\d/][^/]*)?/?$ $1$3?page=$2 [QSA,DPI] # for use with pagify plugin
RewriteRule ^ index.php [L] # for everything else show home page
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
yurifanboy Wrote:Nope just an issue with your .htacess rewrite rules I think ...
Very thank you yurifanboy, I'm to bad in RewriteCode to do something like this by myself. Both of your solutions work for me, however I qouted out the "redirect to language of your choice" because it is an unwanted behaviour and use now the first one:
Code:
# RewriteRule ^/?$ de/ [R,L]   # redirect to language of your choice. Quote out if undesired.
RewriteRule ^(en|de|it)/(.*?/)?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$3&lang=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(en|de|it)/?$ index.php?lang=$1 [QSA,L]   # handle index page without 'index'

What's even better: if you enter a URL without language code, it shows the browsers best fitting language. So you can use this perfectly in Signatures, letters, etc. for multilanguage users: for example "mydomain.info/vacations/" shows the page normally under ".../de/vacations/" or ".../it/vacations/" or ".../en/vacations/" in my case. When the user clicks on the navigation menu it continues in the chosen language. Very nice.
So I have to rethink about my wish to build different (freely) URLs for every language. Every solution has advantages and disadvantages (see my post under "Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)").
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.