Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple and security
Hi guys,

So here comes the second question I had about GetSimple. How secure is it?

I know there may not be any easy or obvious answer to this, but I would appreciate any effort to give me a rough idea of how secuity has been approached in the development of this CMS.

The reason I ask is that recently I have been hacked on my VPS and I suspect the entrance door has been one of my WordPress installations. I have to admit that it was the first time in a decade and I was a bit shocked. So now I'm considering moving from WordPress since it looks more and more like the Windows of the CMS: since it's the most used CMS out there it's obviously exponentially more targeted by hackers, spammers and all that rubbish. Sad

I'm considering ExpressionEngine for larger scale projects and I'm (clearly) considering GetSimple for smaller to medium sized projects.

Thanks again in advance for any help.
Even the longest journey starts with just one step
London Design Studio
Londra
GS has seen a couple vulnerabilities over the 2 years it's been open for business, but they've all been fixed as soon as they've been found. I think no software is always 100% secure, but we definitely do our best.

There are plenty of measures in to protect against XSS attacks, password security and similar common security problems.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thanks Chris,

I'll definitely give it a go for my next small / medium project. I'm also sure that when the CMS behind a website is hidden it's kind of harder for hackers to attempt a breach. I guess that "non popularity", in this instance, is a big advantage as well.

Best.
Even the longest journey starts with just one step
London Design Studio
Londra