Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructions to Beta Test
This post will be updated with the link to our SVN where the latest build can be accessed for Beta testing. Under no circumstances should this code be used on a real-live site.

We expect version 2 to be ready to beta test in the next few months if not sooner.

Thank you.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:We expect version 2 to be ready to beta test in the next few months if not sooner.

Oh look - the main site is running with Version 2.0_beta1 Smile I'm going out on a limb here and guessing the beta won't take "a few months" to get posted for testing. So any official change on the schedule?
^ Probably a couple months Wink

I'm interested in using the CKeditor.
Also, I would like to see what plugin capabilities it has.
I would like to develop a blog plugin.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:I would like to develop a blog plugin.
Didn't Mike already do something like this here? http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=971#p971

As Mike's now an official GS developer, perhaps that's being rolled into 2.x?
badcat Wrote:Oh look - the main site is running with Version 2.0_beta1 Smile
That was more of a neccessity than anything else. More details on that later.
I actually expect it to run a beta 2 soon, hahaha.

badcat Wrote:Any official change on the schedule?
No official changes, although we have been talking about opening up our nightly builds before releasing an official version 2 beta.

internet54 Wrote:I would like to see what plugin capabilities it has.
Currently: none at all. Mike is developing these apart from even our nightly builds. There is no saying when the plug-in support is going to be injected into the core at this point.

badcat Wrote:Didn't Mike already do something like [a blog plugin] here? […] Perhaps that's being rolled into 2.x?
What he actually did was a change to the menu sorting so it would be by publishing/edit date. This won’t be in the core of version 2, at least it’s not planned at the moment. Neither is an actual blogging system for that matter. Blogging will probably never be done as it is not part of the GetSimple philosophy.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
^ That's why I'm eager about the plugin system. Once the details get ironed out with that, then I could develop something that would allow easy blog management.

I know a blog is not part of the core, however, using the GS system, I've needed it for 3 websites already. I've already got something that I can hard code into the admin panel, but then a new release of GS will require me to go and edit the hard code again. That is the major downside.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Any word on a closer release or beta test date? We are anxiously waiting? (I should put anxiously in caps)...
^ You aren't kidding. I've setup 5 new GS sites in the last month. It's tiresome fixing all the bugs before releasing the sites. It's all centered around TinyMCE. Sad

where I can download Version 2.0_beta1 ?
Monia Wrote:where I can download Version 2.0_beta1 ?

As far as I've read, beta is not available for download as yet.

First off thank for this awesome tool, just what I've been looking for, its more geared towards the developer endpoint and thats what I love about it. But also it allows the basic and simple editing of pages which I also love.

Any word on the release date? Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Smile

Oh I forgot to ask, are you guys going to use ckeditor in the new version, because the current editor is very limited and my boss wants to be able to change font colors and some other formating features that the current editior does not offer. It would be great if you guys used the new ckeditor.

Thanks again for making Getsimple.
I don't know about the beta release date, but CKeditor IS IS IS implemented.
It's not perfect, but it blows the socks off TinyMCE.

I believe a teaser screenshot of the editor should be uploaded Smile

Monia Wrote:where I can download Version 2.0_beta1 ?
There is no official beta 1 package. There are only SVN dumps at the moment.

As to when we will upload the first public beta package … time will tell! ;-)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!