Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I implement additional (custom) fields?
Hi all,

I am playing around with GetSimple now and it looks really simple and quite easy to use. There is one thing I can't really figure out how to do and I don't even know if this feature is part of the CMS. I'd like to implement additional fields on my template. Say, for example, I'd like to create pages about books. I'd like different text fields to be assigned to different blocks of content, like a box for the author, another box for the book description, another box for the price, another one for the cover's thumbnail and a last one for the buying options. In the back end I'd have different fields corresponding to these contents, instead of just the main content field and the title. I hope I made sense. Smile

Thanks.
Even the longest journey starts with just one step
London Design Studio
Londra
This can be done with plugins and with the integrated components function of GS....
you only have to specify these fields in your template

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18...ields/100/
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2507/...er-ver-09/

this http://get-simple.info/wiki/ and the search function for the forum are your friends, too Smile
Hi and thanks for your answer.

I did search for Custom Fields in the forums and I saw few posts that were quite related to what I was going to ask, but they didn't really tick all the boxes, so I decided to post my own thread. Hope that's ok. Smile

I downloaded the I18N Custom Fields plugin, which seems to do what I was after (apart from the fact that the images Browser - for an Image field - shows a blank page even though I got a couple of images in 'Files') and looks pretty easy to use. So that is good.

However there is one more thing that I'm not sure this system can do. Since I may have different type of pages (say a book page type and a magazine page type) and each of those page templates may have different custom fields, is there a way to associate groups of fields to a page template and not see all of them on each new page I create? This way I can create different templates for different page types and see only the related fields for each of them, if it makes any sense. Smile

Many thanks.
London Design Studio
Londra
svedish Wrote:I downloaded the I18N Custom Fields plugin, which seems to do what I was after (apart from the fact that the images Browser - for an Image field - shows a blank page even though I got a couple of images in 'Files') and looks pretty easy to use. So that is good.

To use browsing with link and image fields, turn on site wide cookies in gsconfig.php:
Code:
define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

svedish Wrote:However there is one more thing that I'm not sure this system can do. Since I may have different type of pages (say a book page type and a magazine page type) and each of those page templates may have different custom fields, is there a way to associate groups of fields to a page template and not see all of them on each new page I create? This way I can create different templates for different page types and see only the related fields for each of them, if it makes any sense. Smile

This extension of I18N Custom Fields is still in development :-(
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks a lot for your help. Ok I see, I asked too much now. Smile

Guess I'll need to have a think about how to get around this problem. Probably for now the most obvious thing is to just see all the custom fields on every new page I create and just fill the relevant ones.

Thanks.
London Design Studio
Londra