Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot log into existing installation
I was doing some work earlier on an existing installation - which I have had absolutely no problem logging in and logging out of for the past few weeks.

I deleted the user management plugin - because I did not want to continue allowing multiple persons with granted access to the installation.

I logged out - then came back later - now I cannot log back in.

I have tried resetting the password multiple times - but to no avail.

Does any one have any ideas what the problem is.
saint Wrote:I was doing some work earlier on an existing installation - which I have had absolutely no problem logging in and logging out of for the past few weeks.

I deleted the user management plugin - because I did not want to continue allowing multiple persons with granted access to the installation.

I logged out - then came back later - now I cannot log back in.

I have tried resetting the password multiple times - but to no avail.

Does any one have any ideas what the problem is.

Have you deleted both user management plugin files?
Also, can you please turn on debug mode and tell us the errors that occur upon a failed login attempt?
I have uploaded the debug mode plugin.

Since I cannot access / log into the my installation - I assume that I edit the gsconfig.php file to enable debug mode ?
I remove the # from in front of this line -> define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

Example :

# Turn on debug mode

define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

if the set up I describe is correct, how do i get the debug readout ?

Also,

I only deleted the user management php file in the plugin folder. No other file was deleted.
If all else fails, you can just recreate the user.xml file with these instructions: http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:multi...nual_setup
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Will I be able to "login in" as site administrator / owner using the method you described Chris ?
Saint,

1)
the user files are all stored in the folder /data/users
make a backup of the files there then follow the instructions which Chris gave

2)
you want to know if you can login as admin, why not try it? It will take only few time

3)
the best way in my opinion is to use user files from a backup
GetSimple offers complete backups and in those zipfiles you find the folder /data/users
I hope you have done such a backup, haven't you?

So delete all user files in that folder on your server and copy your "backed up" userfile to /data/users on the server

that's what I did when I forgot passwords etc.
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
This is the debug output:

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_bb165aae794d0ba9c4bdae8682dbeaa0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
The original user files were there.

I only removed the multi admin php file.

I removed all previous user xml files.

I followed the directions for uploading a new user xml file.

I still get the same debug message:

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_bb165aae794d0ba9c4bdae8682dbeaa0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
we don't use sessions in the core of GetSimple.... so im not sure what is causing this. What happens if you put multi-user back?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I still get the same debug message:

saint,

please point the result of the server health check here
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
The login is toast. I guess will have to start over again.
Thanks anyway.
when I read this thread, I assume that you did not follow the suggestions which were given in the thread
at least you did not tell us that you did it, you did not tell us the output of the server health check

so your problem seems not to be solved and how to support you?
|--

I could not log into that installation to do a server health check for that specific install.
All previous suggestions were followed with answers given.
You can close this support ticket, thank you.