Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend section not updated
Please, add the newest version of plugin to extend section and not just to support forum.
There seem to be plugins that are actively developed but the version downloadable from extend section is several months old... not good...
Can you please give some specifics?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Can you please give some specifics?

At least plugin Google map, old version in the repo...

Repo version 0.7.2
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/google-map/109/

Forum version v2d (version of 0.7.2, I suppose?)
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/19409/#p19409

Every now and then when browsing the forum I've thought I've seen download links of some plugin version that's not in the extend repo...
Well, maybe this plugin was the only one? Hope so.
Anyway, obviously one would prefer to download plugin from the extend section instead of searching for the latest version from the forum.

PS. Love this cms, even more now that I've learned a bit php. Simple. Keep it that way, please! :-)
Then its the fault of the developer not updating his work.... you might pm the person
Sometimes version of plugins will be released on the forum for beta testing before uploading to Extend.

But it is up to each developer to update Extend with the latest versions.
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Sometimes version of plugins will be released on the forum for beta testing before uploading to Extend.

But it is up to each developer to update Extend with the latest versions.

Yes, I know, it's normal procedure to release beta test versions via forum...
Please just consider my opening post as a good reminder to plugin developers - nobody really wants the kinda mess like for example CMS Made Simple module forge/forum/support/faq is.
All in all, things seem to be in order at get-simple.info. Carry on! :-)