Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Transifex for translation management
I would like to propose using Transifex (https://www.transifex.net) for GetSimple translation management - it has support for PHP array language files, can pull latest master file from SVN and has nice online translation UI with translation memory functionality.
I was thinking about that, too
but had not time to test it
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I just signed up, and the service didnt recognize the php array we have on the SVN.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I've just succesfully added GetSimple translation file to my Transifex account. Maybe you just had a problem with SVN connection?

UPDATE: but I am having trouble importing my Lithuanian translation - it is not recognized.
UPDATE 2: found solution - file was not recognized, because it was generated with GetSimple translate plugin and Transifex is very picky about formatting, it expects to find commas at the end of the line.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested to join: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/getsimple/

I still need to figure out, how to set up separately dev version and release versions.
I've looked at Transifex and written a proposal for its use in the wiki.
I've set up two of my plugins - I18N Gallery and I18N Special Pages - with a temporary hub project instead of the GetSimple project.

I've also enhanced the Translate plugin to be able to download/compare/upload files from/to Transifex (see attachment). Just hover over the Transifex link and enter your credentials and then select one of the above plugins. Use the Transifex version as target language.
Downloading should work with any Transifex user, uploading will fail unless you are a translator for the project - give me your Transifex user name and I will add you.

@Joshas: Thanks for suggesting Transifex and finding out about the formatting problem.

I have not looked at releases and reviewers as I don't think that this is needed for plugins (but might be useful for GetSimple).

P.S.: As the transifex software is open source, you could also install and host an own instance on GetSimple servers and maybe tie the login to the forum/extend.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
extremely useful guys. let me look into this shortly... I will probably come back with questions, but that wiki article should prove very helpful mvlcek!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@ccagle8: any conclusions yet?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.