Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page creation
Good morning to all.

When I create a new page in a wiki (for example Wikipedia) I incorporate into the text links to nonexistent pages using [[ and ]]. This is not possible in GS.

Is it possible to add this feature when I create a link? Let me explain ...

The link function refers to an internal page that already exists, an external destination, etc. ... why not put the possibility to link an internal page that does not exist (that is automatically created)?

Thankyou

Luke
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1246/...menu-item/
Perhaps this link might help you?
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
Bak Wrote:The link function refers to an internal page that already exists, an external destination, etc. ... why not put the possibility to link an internal page that does not exist (that is automatically created)?

you are not quite right. In (most) WIKIs if you enclose some text in brackets (or CamelCase function is activated) a link to a non existent page is created, not the page itself. You have to follow that link and create the page

why not? There are many reasons for that:

- this feature was not asked for
- GetSimple means: stay simple
- this feature would irritate a lot of users (I already assume postings here: "where do all the pages come from" ?

to be earnest: well, what would be the advantage of such a feature?

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:
Bak Wrote:The link function refers to an internal page that already exists, an external destination, etc. ... why not put the possibility to link an internal page that does not exist (that is automatically created)?

you are not quite right. In (most) WIKIs if you enclose some text in brackets (or CamelCase function is activated) a link to a non existent page is created, not the page itself. You have to follow that link and create the page

why not? There are many reasons for that:

- this feature was not asked for
- GetSimple means: stay simple
- this feature would irritate a lot of users (I already assume postings here: "where do all the pages come from" ?

to be earnest: well, what would be the advantage of such a feature?

Cheers, Connie

Thank you...