Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User management for themes and pages
Hi, I've been testing Get Simple an alternative to Wordpress or static html sites and so far it's doing a grand job for a CMS solution.

I have a couple of questions, bearing in mind I'm a designer and not a developer, so forgive me for any programming ignorance -

1. The user management plugin allows me to block access to the theme, but I'd like to know if there's any way to allow a user to change the theme without giving them access to the theme's files.

2. I'd like to restrict the number of pages on a site but still allow the user to edit these - is that possible?

Thanks for any advice.

Kate
welcome Kate!

Question #1: If the access is restricted, the only chance in my opinion would be FTP-access. But I think a user with restricted permissions has no FTP-access granted

Question #2: this is a fairly uncommon question. It means users will not be allowed to create more than n pages, but edit nnn pages?
I think nobody here ever thought of such a workflow ;=) I do not know how to acchieve that

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks Connie,

Both questions were kind of related to how I'd maybe use GS for a client. For example if I build a 5 page website then I don't really want the client to be able to add another 50 pages, or to access the template files - but would possibly like to give them the ability to change the theme and edit existing pages.

Trying to keep things as simple as possible for potential clients but as I said I'm still at the testing stage so any help is great!

Kate