Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1 RC #3
OK, we are almost there. Please test! I wouldn't be surprised if this is the final cut. Download

ALERT: Language files have not changed since the RC versions first started coming out, so now is the time to get yours ready...

Things changed since RC#2:
-----------------------------------
  • Ctrl characters stripped from pages/components to prevent XML file corruption
  • Theme editor shows all editable files within the selected theme's folder
  • More (and hopefully final) gpc_magic_quotes fixes
  • Deleting a backup file from within backup-edit.php now working
  • Disabled search engine auto-ping on sitemap creation. can be turned back on in gsconfig.php
  • IDs added to top & sidebar menus to aid in plugin manipulation
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
For quote problem :
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/21749/#p21749
@madvic - Is the specific post you link to still a problem? I thought it was all fixed...
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:@madvic - Is the specific post you link to still a problem? I thought it was all fixed...
For me, It's not specific, It's a quote problem, when you are gpc_magic_quotes to "On".
Just installed and updated to my server and got an old bug back? Each time I click on the URL or insert picture the screen in editor it locks up up the screen and leaves GS greyed out?

I will trawl the site for an answer to this, as it has occurred in the past.

UPDATE: Cancel this request for help as I changed the config.php file back to advanced toolbar, logged out and logged back in and it now works ok.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
New issue.

On saving the components, it dumps all the code in one big line of text?

Example:
Quote:<p><?php get_component('search'); ?><p><h3>Musings</h3><?php nm_list_recent(); ?><p>-----</p><h3>Archives</h3><?php nm_list_archives(); ?><p>-----</p><h3>Tags</h3><?php nm_list_tags(); ?><p>-----</p><?php get_component('twitter'); ?><p>-----</p>
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:On saving the components, it dumps all the code in one big line of text?

Ah yes, it also happens to the source code ofa page when you save it.

It's because of r633 change to strip ctrl chars, that seem to strip linefeeds too.
Carlos Wrote:
chefbyte Wrote:On saving the components, it dumps all the code in one big line of text?

Ah yes, it also happens to the source code ofa page when you save it.

It's because of r633 change to strip ctrl chars, that seem to strip linefeeds too.

Thanks for the update Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
crap. Ok, i need to restrict it to only certain control characters. Thanks for finding this
- Chris

1) I did a fresh install
[url]
http://www.titelbogen.de/krisen2/[/url]

2) magic quotes are on:
Quote:magic_quotes_gpc On On
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off

Result:
a) temp.htaccess is not renamed after installation, temp.gsconfig.php is renamed
b) quotes, doublequotes and backslashes are wrong in menu-link-title-attribute and in menu
c) backslash is wrong in title of the page
d) quotes, doublequotes are ok in breadcrumb and in title of the page

e) sendanonymous-data still offers no translatable text (not in the output of the form, in the text of admin/load.php?id=anonymous_data), this for sure is bad for languages where we have translations available and it will not help in countries where people are very privacy-orientated like in Germany f.e.

f) from the translation file: theme-edit.php:
, 'EDIT' => "b<em>e</em>arbeiten"

in this case, <em> is not translated as Access-Key

g) I do not get the meaning of the yellow exclamation mark icon at "Support" label in the backend, what does it mean?

Suggestion and question:

- ServerHealthCheck could list the status of magic quotes ;=)

- which time unit is used here in gsconfig.php? Maybe the text could explain better:
# Autosave within edit.php. Value is the autosave interval
#define('GSAUTOSAVE', 900);
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Quote:# Autosave within edit.php. Value is the autosave interval
#define('GSAUTOSAVE', 900);

Has anyone tried this new autosave feature? Is it working?

I've tried setting it to a lower value like 120 (I presume that value is in seconds) to test it.
I edit a page, do some small change, wait for a couple minutes. GS tells me it's been autosaved. But then I cannot save it again (Save buttons don't do anything)... and anyway the changes have not been saved.
:-?
(Tested with Firefox and IE.)
HI Connie,

I'll quickly answer what i can... 8)

a> this should be fixed in the latest SVN version , just posted.
b> can you explain more? I've just done a frhs install at: http://gs.digimute.com with " and ' in the title which are correctly converted to &quot; and &#039
c> No problems here
d> ??
e> I'll leave that one for Chris 8)

g> exclamation on the support page in your case is because the version the API returns 3.0 as the current version, 3.1B is not properly compared as a greater revision because of the "b" in the version.
It will also highlight and errors from health check.

Autosave is in seconds.
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:b> can you explain more? I've just done a frhs install at: http://gs.digimute.com with " and ' in the title which are correctly converted to &quot; and &#039

I just ran a fresh install again:
see here: [Image: hallo.jpg]

title is ok
title-attribute is not ok

a clear fresh 3.1Brc635 without any language file and/or plugins
n00dles101 Wrote:c> No problems here
you are right, no problem, the backslash is not escaped, that is correct

n00dles101 Wrote:d> ??

I just meant the special characters are translated ok when you use them in breadcrumb navigation and in the template tag in content

n00dles101 Wrote:e> I'll leave that one for Chris 8)

g> exclamation on the support page in your case is because the version the API returns 3.0 as the current version, 3.1B is not properly compared as a greater revision because of the "b" in the version.
It will also highlight and errors from health check.

thanks for that, so it will be ok in productive version
n00dles101 Wrote:Autosave is in seconds.
so it might be good to explain that in the description in gsconfig.php, right?

Cheers and thanks, Connie

than
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Mike,

About the menu issue (both menu title and title attribute):
- backslashes are not stripped ("\" is echoed as "\\")
- html tags are not stripped

I reported this here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/21770/#p21770

To test this, try creating a new page (and add it to the menu) with a title like:
Code:
One backslash: \ - <b>bold</b> text
OK I think I have this sorted now.

I've setup a page title with

Code:
Welcome to GetSimple! "test" 'test' <b>test2</b> \test /test

By using

Code:
htmlspecialchars(cl($page['title']))

When displaying the menu title all seems to be fine.

Check out here: http://gs.digimute.com

Is this what we expect? removing all HTML code and encoding quotes ??
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Is this what we expect? removing all HTML code and encoding quotes ??

now it looks ok for me,

Code:
<h1>Welcome to GetSimple! "test" 'test' <b>test2</b> \test /test</h1>

sourcecode is clean and title-attribute is ok as well
|--

n00dles101 Wrote:htmlspecialchars(cl($page['title']))

Tested. Works ok! (that is, the way GS 3.0 does). <--- EDIT: (except for html entities like &copy ...)

BTW the same must be done to $page['menu'] <--- EDIT: It depends on what you GS team prefer... In GS 3.0 html tags (<b>, etc.) are not stripped in the menu title, but in the title attribute only.
Er... there still are problems with html characters in the title, like &copy;
A small typo on backend page admin/health-check.php: .htaccess Existance --> .htaccess Existence
@polyfragmented - i think maybe you should have written the English version.... i dont think i am qualified. Thanks!
- Chris

n00dles101 Wrote:htmlspecialchars(cl($page['title']))

- For the title attribute, another possible fix:
Code:
str_replace('"','&quot;',cl($page['title']))
(similar to yours, but doesn't turn e.g. &copy into &amp;copy)

- For the menu text it should be:
Code:
strip_decode($page['menu'])
(to make 3.1 do exactly the same as 3.0)
In page management tab, utf8 chars in pages names are displayed as �
Breadcrumbs are bugged.
This bug doesn't have any impact on frontend.

This bug occurs since r635.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:In page management tab, utf8 chars in pages names are displayed as �
Breadcrumbs are bugged.
This bug doesn't have any impact on frontend.

This bug occurs since r635.
can you post a screenshot of this please?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:can you post a screenshot of this please?
added sshottie

Bug tested on existing page updated to r635, and then to latest 645 svn trunk, and on fresh GS installation.
With Mvlcek's i18n menu plugin pages with special chars cannot be chosen as parents.

It would be great if anyone else confirms existence of this bug.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe,
I don't have this problem in the backend, I have tried creating pages with polish and russian chars and everything works ok (r635)
Can you paste some of those characters here? I cannot guess them by the screenshot...