Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1 RC #3
@JoeyDown - you can use the transliteration part in the language file to help with translating international characters to their English equivalents in the slug.

PS: writing this, i realized that this is not noted in the Wiki at all. Let me figure it out first before I write something. (or for those language file developers that use it, maybe they can write it for me...)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
yojoe:
You mentioned that it's just a problem with basic.php, and I looked over all the revisions of that file since 6:15, and it has to be the change we made in safe_slash_html() attempting to remove the return characters.

r614: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...&r=614#602

r656: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ic.php#607

can you try to replace that function inside the latest SVN copy and see if that fixed the issue?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:yojoe:
You mentioned that it's just a problem with basic.php, and I looked over all the revisions of that file since 6:15, and it has to be the change we made in safe_slash_html() attempting to remove the return characters.

can you try to replace that function inside the latest SVN copy and see if that fixed the issue?
I looked into basic.php, and found the culprit.
Addslashes weren't the cause of this bug, but cl($data) function and its preg_replace directive (line 334)

Commenting the line
Code:
$data = preg_replace('/[[:cntrl:]]/', '', $data); //remove control characters that cause interface to choke
fixed the problem with special chars in pages names.

Function _id (line 819) contains the same preg_replace directive, but I assume it replaces special chars in page's URI and it works fine.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
thanks yojoe... i will comment out line #334 as it never really caused any problems before - i just added it to be safe...
- Chris