Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend Installer
Hi to all! I have to make a suggestion about the new version of Getsimple. It is very important to include an Extend Installer for easy installation of all the Plugins, Themes and languages. It is so uncomfortable for a newbie CMS user to handling a CPanel or Plesk or even an FTP program... Everything in Getsimple working with Extensions so it is a must function in the core. You can even include the Extend Downloader after some tests. Make Getsimple to be "SIMPLE" Smile
Yiannis Wrote:Hi to all! I have to make a suggestion about the new version of Getsimple. It is very important to include an Extend Installer for easy installation of all the Plugins, Themes and languages. It is so uncomfortable for a newbie CMS user to handling a CPanel or Plesk or even an FTP program... Everything in Getsimple working with Extensions so it is a must function in the core. You can even include the Extend Downloader after some tests. Make Getsimple to be "SIMPLE" Smile

I agree that some sort of installer should be included into core to make it as simple as it is advertised. But it is a tricky situation. If a user makes the wrong choice and downloads a certain theme/plugin that is not for their version, or conflicts with another, it can break the site (temporarily).

BTW, if you do not know, there is an extend downloader plugin that exists, you canf ind it in the extend.
mikeh Wrote:
Yiannis Wrote:Hi to all! I have to make a suggestion about the new version of Getsimple. It is very important to include an Extend Installer for easy installation of all the Plugins, Themes and languages. It is so uncomfortable for a newbie CMS user to handling a CPanel or Plesk or even an FTP program... Everything in Getsimple working with Extensions so it is a must function in the core. You can even include the Extend Downloader after some tests. Make Getsimple to be "SIMPLE" Smile

I agree that some sort of installer should be included into core to make it as simple as it is advertised. But it is a tricky situation. If a user makes the wrong choice and downloads a certain theme/plugin that is not for their version, or conflicts with another, it can break the site (temporarily).

BTW, if you do not know, there is an extend downloader plugin that exists, you canf ind it in the extend.

I have mentioned it above(the bold letters). For wrong choices can be an uninstall function, like other CMS's ...
Yes an uninstall function would fix some issues but more then likely if there is a problem or conflict it will kill the page. If this happens you will not be able to get to the uninstall function to use it.