Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Internal server error
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you for ready this message. I am still new in GetSimple, I am not a total newbie but can be slow sometimes Wink

Here is my problem and before coming to you, I searched everywhere in this forum and on the internet for help or similar problems. Don't hesitate to just spank me with a RTFM ! if the answer is somewhere else!

The website is hosted on OVH currently. After a clean migration from my xampp localhost to ovh following the wikis instructions, I end up with :
- All admin pages working fine, page creations etc..
- All healthcheck on the green

BUT no pages shown, only the " 500 Internal server error".

So following what I have found on the internet, I concluded it is a .htaccess problem.
The website is in the directory called /www/ on the hosting

I tried according to my research:
- change the rewritebase / to rewritebase /www or rewritebase /www/
- comment "Options -Indexes"
- no .htaccess at all
- comment all the lines begining by rewritebase

I also setted all the website to CHMOD 755 ( just to give it a shot you never know )

Then I did a simple install of getsimple v3 without any of my content and still the same problem. Admin pages are fine and the website won't show.

I have send a message to the hosting company, and waiting for an answer and help on this one. It seems I have no more inspiration on where to start for a new research.

Maybe one of you can have some idea on the subject ? Did you run accross a similar issue ? Maybe I just looked completly in the wrong direction...

Thanks for your help, here is a copy of my .htaccess if it can be of any help:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
If it helps also and might be a new way to look for an answer. In my hosting logs files I have:

Premature end of script headers: index.php

So I guess I will check all the format see if they are in UT8 or Ansi and test the index.php... and browse forums for leads on the subject.

Still any suggestions will be much appreciated Smile

Thanks
Thank you everyone for reading this message.

I have resolved the problem, it seems that some files had not the 755 permissions. I put this on all files and the website is working fine now.

Only: the links menu pluggin doesn't work. I can't had any url field appearing when creating a page. So it is going from one problem to the next Smile

Will wonder potential causes and if I can't find anything, you might see me posting something any time soon ! Wink
glad you found your fix! most people dont try half as hard as you when posting a problem of theirs. kudos
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!