Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "collapsing success messages" feature
In 3.1 beta when you save a page/components/settings, the Your changes have been saved message disappears after some time (about 10 seconds, I believe).

It looks nice, but I think that it's not very practical like it is right now, because the handy Undo link also disappears, and this was -I thought- one of GS's main features.

I'd suggest that at least we have the option to disable the collapsing via gsconfig (or allow setting a higher timeout).
Carlos Wrote:In 3.1 beta when you save a page/components/settings, the Your changes have been saved message disappears after some time (about 10 seconds, I believe).

It looks nice, but I think that it's not very practical like it is right now, because the handy Undo link also disappears, and this was -I thought- one of GS's main features.

I'd suggest that at least we have the option to disable the collapsing via gsconfig (or allow setting a higher timeout).

Ah, agreed. I liked the effect but did not take into consideration the undo button. Maybe set undo buttons to always stay visible?
damn, good point. the reasoning behind hiding them is because a success message is only valid after a certain amount of time. I think there might be a better way... let me check
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I suggest, they be changed to standard style notification messageboxes.

Green and red messageboxes,
( we can add alert and note also later on yelow,blue)
With icons and close buttons

They can fade to gray after timeout, but retain the undo or any other links necessary in them.
They should also be close able, except maybe alerts.

We should add hooks for these, and ajax response mechanisms.
We should allow more than one instance.
We should perhaps dim or clear them when submitting actions.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix