Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profiles On GetSimple website
It would be awesome if there was a profile section for GetSimple developers, designers, or team members (maybe even users).. They you would be able to find that persons plugins, view their forum posts/threads, find links or updates from their social networks, see other projects they work on, etc..

This could help engage developers/designers more and maybe connect them more with the community as well. For example maybe you can follow a developer of your favorite plugins/themes.
I imagine it could provide some nice SEO boosts as well for developers and getsimple.
it's a good idea Mike... now i just need to find the time to create something like it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:it's a good idea Mike... now i just need to find the time to create something like it.
Yea I know it probably wouldnt happen or wouldnt happen anytime soon. Just throwing it out there Smile
mikeh Wrote:They you would be able to find that persons plugins, view their forum posts/threads,

This is possible right now, profiles in extend have a link to the forum profile.
Carlos Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:They you would be able to find that persons plugins, view their forum posts/threads,

This is possible right now, profiles in extend have a link to the forum profile.
True you can view their posts/threads, but not in a very attractive manner. And there is no place you can view all plugins a user created.
mikeh Wrote:True you can view their posts/threads, but not in a very attractive manner. And there is no place you can view all plugins a user created.

There is: go to any plugin of the user and click on the author link - voila, a list of plugins of the author - you have 9!
But there is no way to find the plugins of a user, if you do not know at least one of his plugins.

BTW: You don't see the reputation of a user on his forum's profile page - you have to go to a post to see it.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:True you can view their posts/threads, but not in a very attractive manner. And there is no place you can view all plugins a user created.

There is: go to any plugin of the user and click on the author link - voila, a list of plugins of the author - you have 9!
But there is no way to find the plugins of a user, if you do not know at least one of his plugins.

BTW: You don't see the reputation of a user on his forum's profile page - you have to go to a post to see it.
Thank you for the heads up! For some reason I thought that the author link led to the forums profile. Was it recently changed, or was it always like that?
mikeh Wrote:For some reason I thought that the author link led to the forums profile. Was it recently changed, or was it always like that?

Mike,

The author link here goes to the 'all plugins by this user' page: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/share-5/201/
The author link on that ensuing page, then goes to the forum profile page.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!