Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation don't start on remote
hi,
on local server is everything ok, but when i try to install the GS 3.0 package on my remote host ( register.it ) and i go to mydomain.it/admin/install.php i get only a blank page with this text " il sito web non è al momento disponibile".

i also try to put the files of the package on a subfolder, but nothing happens..

some tecnical help please..
i also try to install Joomla 1.7 and get the same blank page! i'm writing to the hosting service..

any suggestion?
Have you just tried going to mydomain.it/ and seeing if you get the install page? Generally, you should get the script by going to your domain. il sito web non è al momento disponibile". The website is not available at the moment? This could be a hosting issue. Do the servers of your host meet these requirements?
UNIX/Linux host
PHP 5.2+
Apache - modules used (for mod_rewrite)

Required Modules (Error)

SimpleXML - This module is necessary as GetSimple currently relies on XML to store it's data.
If you do not have this installed, you will not be able to use GetSimple.
Important but not Required Modules (Warning)

ZipArchive - This is only needed if you want to take backups of your website.
As of GS v3.1, if you do not have this installed, your backups will try to use the zlib library (it will create .tar.gz files instead of .zip)
Apache mod_rewrite - This is only needed if you want to use FancyURLs (set within the control panel's 'settings' page.)
Curl - Curl is needed to connect to our API to check for GetSimple updates.
This means: you don't really need it, but if you want to install it, see here. (Debian install via apt-get install php5-curl)
GD Library - This module is needed in order to create thumbnails on uploaded images.
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
thank you for the reply, i talk with host provider and he tell me that i bought only the domain not linux hosting pack!! now i'll submit this.... sob.. (they block my site for some other reasons....)

but after i have to install the xml plugin ?? on my local version i never use it without problem or errors..
anyway... sorry but i can't find Simple XML module on Repository..where is it?
For local development, use XAMPP. This is what I use and Get-Simple installs just fine for me.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
I would recommend you find a better host. For paid hosting I recommend hostgator, which is the hosting I use. If you don't want to pay, I would recommend:
http://www.000webhost.com/
They are free and setup is easy. I know for a fact that get-simple works just fine on their servers as I have used them in the past. However, they may delete your account due to inactivity or your site is not getting enough hits each monthly, so keep that in mind.
yes, i use xampp of course on my local projects and there i never had a problem!

i buy a linux hosting but i still get this error on the istallation page:

http://www.aredil.it/admin/install.php

please see it. It seems that the istallation is start but it can't be showed correctly
Seemed to work for me. I PM'd you the login.
You may have to reinstall GS if you don't like the admin username. Sorry about that, I jumped the gun to test it and everything installed just fine.
Is it possible you had just register this domain and your registrar just needed 24-48 hours to get your domain up and running. I could swear I remember waiting at least a day for my domain name to be functional.
you right my friend. after 48 hours gonna be everything ok! thank you for yor test. bye!