Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatically loading page content?
If a customer would mostly be creating new pages that always have for content a table with fields to be filled out, it would be nice if the common content loaded whenever a new page was created. Is it possible to have code load automatically in the page content field when a new page is created? Is there some other way to do this, so the customer would not have to copy the common content from an existing page, and paste it into the newly created page?
yes, that is possible, half automatically

you can add "templates" to the CKEditor and then create templates with these tables
so when the client starts a new page, he clicks on the template icon and chooses which template he wants to use

if that is a solution for your question, I will describe how to do it and add that to the WIKI
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:you can add "templates" to the CKEditor

Yes, that would work well. Thanks
KBear Wrote:
Connie Wrote:you can add "templates" to the CKEditor

Yes, that would work well. Thanks
Here is a plugin I just wrote to accomplish this for you.
  • Unzip the attached folder and drag into your sites plugins folder.
  • Then go to pages->Default Content and submit the content you would like to show up by default.
Just installed this and it works a treat Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
mikeh, thanks for the plugin. Tried it, and it did not seem to handle the table info so well. Or I could be missing something. Not sure you can copy table info from the wysiwyg editor, and paste it to the wysiwyg plugin text field. Need to view source code in the plugin's text field window, maybe. Not really sure what is going on.

Also, when I added this to the plugin text field:
5'-2"

7'-3"

I got this in the new created page:
5\'-2\" 7\'-3\"

Appreciate the help

Add: Seems the plugin field takes source code, but the code is being changed somehow when it is inserted into a new page.