Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to the Forum - Ads, Moderators and Default Themes
As anyone who is a semi-regular on the forum can see, I'm starting to make some basic changes to the forum.

Forum Design
Being a designer at heart, I could never stand the fact that I was using a default theme for this forum. I will (and have already) start making some subtle changes so it doesn't look so cookie-cutter.

Advertisements
As you all have surely noticed - I added some ads -- ooohhhh nooooo ADS! -- to the top here on the forum. The reasoning is simple: I've been ignoring GetSimple more than I should have lately because I have paying work I need to attend to. The only real way I can ever devote the time to GS needs is if it starts to pay for itself - and the ads hopefully will start to make a small dent in that deficit. I hate ads, so I plan on keeping them as unobtrusive as possible.

New Moderator and Core Commit Team Members
I would like to congratuate Zegnåt and n00dles101 on becoming forum moderators with me and also on becoming core committers on the GetSimple SVN. I think I can speak for the whole community and say that these two have been extremely helpful ever since GS launched. Thanks guys!

---

And thanks again to the community for making GetSimple what it is today!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Keep up the good work guys. I understand the need for money, I'm sure we all do. Unfortunately, when you give something away for free, people expect the world for free also. I have learned this the hard way and now charge my clients for all work I do.

BTW - I think Bluehost or Dreamhost offers payments of $50+ per referral. I've never used their programs since I provide hosting, but it is one heck of a payout.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Congrats to those two. Keep the work up!

I have noticed the changes Wink. I'm an active daily member, woop and can't wait to watch how this CMS and Forum begin to grow throughout the year/s. I also hope to be able to help out where i can in the time Big Grin. Currently rusty in php but i'm getting better Big Grin.

Finally got my new computer, so designing coming along. I made a theme, but didn't like it. So, i might post it for others, if anyone would like it, but tbh i don't like it too much. We will see, ay.

Thanks Chris for making this hole CMS! It's just what i need tbh, and i'm sure i can speak the same for others!

EDIT: Just another little thing, i think would make the forum look a little better, the header has a nice gradient on it, maybe on the headers of threads where it is blue. Maybe make that gradiented too?
Visit my portfolio website: http://graphixant.com