Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Content Plugin
Default Content 1.0
Click Here To Download From Extend
View GitHub Repos.

This plugin allows "Default Content" to be automatically filled into the content area in the "Create New Page" screen.

You can choose the "Default Content" by going to pages->Default Content after installing the plugin.

Installation:
  • Unzip the plugin and drag defaultcontent.php into your plugins folder.

Screenshots:
[Image: adminscreen.jpg]
Mikeh,

this is a good idea for whoever needs it.
But it would be helpful if the edit area of the plugin uses the editor. By that the source of the content would not get lost and it would be easier to use

as it is now it is not clear whether you enter HTML-tags or not and which content is possible, using the editor users could switch to source view, enter it there and see the wysiwyg-version in the editor-view
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Mikeh,

this is a good idea for whoever needs it.
But it would be helpful if the edit area of the plugin uses the editor. By that the source of the content would not get lost and it would be easier to use

as it is now it is not clear whether you enter HTML-tags or not and which content is possible, using the editor users could switch to source view, enter it there and see the wysiwyg-version in the editor-view
Good idea, I will add that to version 1.1.
I do not know why someone would want this either, I made it from a request thread.
mikeh Wrote:I do not know why someone would want this either, I made it from a request thread.

Another way could be allowing to select a slug, to take its content as default. That would be a "template page".
Carlos Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:I do not know why someone would want this either, I made it from a request thread.

Another way could be allowing to select a slug, to take its content as default. That would be a "template page".

That's a good idea, as I could use this on a business catalogue I am building and would save me copy and pasting in details in each new page and also it would create consistency on all the pages.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
There would be many users who could use this plugin. Anyone promoting multiple good or services could use it.

On this get-simple site, the "plugin" and "theme" pages all have the same content.

---------------------------
Downloads:
Category:
Compatible with:

Last Updated:
Tags:
Author:
Author Website:
Support:
---------------------------

How is this default content being generated?

The CKEditor template option to generate the content was also good, although a bit complex. However, it looks like the CKEditor used in Get Simple has been modified?

If a full plugin was being made, would be good if there were multiple standard page layout options. Using an exiting page as a template would be good, as the customer could modify it easily.
Version 1.1 Uploaded To Extend
  • Added CKEDITOR to textarea
mikeh Wrote:Version 1.1 Uploaded To Extend
  • Added CKEDITOR to textarea
Good man, many thanks Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Any chance of making the text area window a bit deeper as its quite small to work in?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Version 1.2 Uploaded To Extend:
  • Changed CKEDITOR Height to 500px
mikeh Wrote:Version 1.2 Uploaded To Extend:
  • Changed CKEDITOR Height to 500px
Cheers Mike Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
When a table is inserted into the Default Content, the code for the table is changed in the new page to look like this.

<table border="\&quot;1\&quot;" cellpadding="\&quot;1\&quot;" cellspacing="\&quot;1\&quot;" table="" width:="">
Great plugin, just what I needed. Thanks!