Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One page, many URLs - duplicate content
Hi,
I have a strange problem with GetSimple.
I have website eg. domain.com and i make a page, so now I have domain.com/page.
And the same page is available on many urls eg.:
domain.com/a/page
domain.com/xxx/page
domain.com/a/b/c/page

I hope you know what i have on my mind.

I think that it is quite big problem for SEO, because it coud be duplicate content for Google. Or maby I am wrong?
If someone give a link to domain.com/xxx/page and we have domain.com/page in Google index we have a problem Sad

How deal with problem? Mabey exist any plugin, or meby deal with it by .htaccess? Any other ideas?

I suggest to improve it in the next version GetSiple Smile GetSimple is very good CMS but this problem is a little annoying.
GetSimple's default rewriterule allows anything between the base url and the slug. This 'feature' is not a problem for search engines, as the correct canonical url (defined by your custom/fancy permalink settings) is in the header:

Code:
<link rel="canonical" href=...

If you want to enforce the url structure (fancy or custom) you have defined in your GS settings, you can edit your gsconfig.php and enable canonical redirection:

Code:
# Enable Canonical Redirects?
define('GSCANONICAL', 1);

However this does not work properly with pages that use url parameters (news managers, galleries, etc.).

(I am developing a small plugin that enables permalink redirection, but letting you exclude certain slugs.)
Thanks much. I think about it, but i did'nt know how to do it.