Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me plugin gallery images
I am starting this great CMS, but do not have much knowledge in CSS and HTML, however I have a notion.

I installed the plugin gallery, did all the correct procedure but in the end it generates a code to be inserted:

To display the gallery in a page, just copy the code Given (ie. squareit_gallery_4bb104e22f23c {}) and paste it into the content. You Can put multiple galleries in the same page.

Code
squareit_gallery_4f312ae4948d3 {}

Where should I put this code? I've been in the data folder / pages within the directory and found no where in insert editing pages with Notepad.

Please help me.
The code is supposed to be put in the content area meaning the field where the WYSIWYG editor appears if it is enabled.
[Image: capturexji.png]
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
Have you tried the I18N gallery? This is my personal preference over the GS IG.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/
It is multilingual and offers more display options out of the box such as a image slider.
Thank yurifanboy I managed to enter the gallery, now I have no doubt on how to insert a contact form that is on this site: http://internet54.com/getsimple/simple-contact-plugin

How to get this thing working?

Please add this line of code in your template files where you want your contact form to display. For example place this code into your contact template file so it displays on that page. This plugin is set to display the form right below the content of the page.

if (function_exists('sc_show')) { sc_show(); }
Make sure to wrap it in php tags

Please help me.
This is using the Cardinal theme as an example. You will need to use an ftp program like Filezilla.
In your site's directory:
yourdomain.com/theme/Cardinal/template.php Download this file, rename it to contact-form.php or something, and open it in something like notepad++(notepad is fine but this is what i prefer)
Code:
<?php if(!defined('IN_GS')){ die('you cannot load this page directly.'); }
/****************************************************
* @File:             template.php
* @Package:        GetSimple
* @Action:        Cardinal theme for the GetSimple CMS
*****************************************************/
?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>

<!-- Site Title -->
    <title><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> &lt; <?php get_site_name(); ?></title>
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/style.css" media="all" />

</head>
<body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>" >

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="header">

<ul id="nav">
            <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
        </ul>

<span class="logo2" href="<?php get_site_url(); ?>"><?php get_site_name(); ?></span>
        <a class="logo" href="<?php get_site_url(); ?>"><?php get_site_name(); ?></a>

</div><!-- end header -->

<div id="content">
        <h1><?php get_page_title(); ?></h1>    
            <div id="page-content">
                <div class="page-text">
          <?php if (function_exists('sc_show')) { sc_show(); } ?>

<?php get_page_content(); ?>
                    <p class="page-meta">Published on &nbsp;<span><?php get_page_date('F jS, Y'); ?></span></p>
                </div>
            </div>
    </div>    

<div id="sidebar">
        <div class="section">
            <?php get_component('sidebar');    ?>
        </div>
        <div class="section credits">
            <p><?php echo date('Y'); ?> - <strong><?php get_site_name(); ?></strong></p>
            <p>
                Cardinal Theme by <a href="http://www.cagintranet.com" title="Pittsburgh Creative Agency" >Cagintranet</a><br />
                <?php get_site_credits(); ?>
            </p>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="clear"></div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

</div><!-- end wrapper -->
</body>
</html>
See this block of code here?
<div id="content">
<h1><?php get_page_title(); ?></h1>
<div id="page-content">
<div class="page-text">
#Putting this piece of code above the content one will probably put the contact form above the WYSIWYG editor and putting it below, well that's obvious.
<?php if (function_exists('sc_show')) { sc_show(); } ?>

#basically this little piece of code outputs anything you put into the WYSIWYG editor.
<?php get_page_content(); ?>

<p class="page-meta">Published on &nbsp;<span><?php get_page_date('F jS, Y'); ?></span></p>
</div>
Now, you have a separate file called contact-form.php and should still have that template.php file. Upload this
contact-form.php to the same directory you downloaded the template.php file.

[Image: captureei.png]

Where you see the black box, this drop down menu should also have an option "contact-form" or whatever you named the php file. This is the same way you would create a custom page layout in wordpress if you wanted to go beyond the basic WYSIWYG editor.
I suppose you could download this plugin and drop the piece of php code right into your WYSIWYG editor.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/exec-php/17/
However, I personally don't like this method. This may interfere with many of the plugins like the gallery one that ask you to drop a piece of code like "{FFSDFD} or " (% contact %)" into your page.
Thank you for your attention, but I'm not a programmer and for this reason is that I'm using GetSimple, however did not understand anything of what you said I do not know to put into practice.
renatokeuller Wrote:Thank you for your attention, but I'm not a programmer and for this reason is that I'm using GetSimple, however did not understand anything of what you said I do not know to put into practice.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/p01-contact/35/
I highly recommend you try this plugin as it is much simpler. May not be exactly what you want but it doesn't require touching php includes.
http://nliautaud.fr/wiki/travaux/p01-con...stallation
All of the configuration can be done through admin panel using (%contact%) and then adding the different tags to this code and dropping it into the WYSIWYG similar to the gallery code.