Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom fields and dynamic entries
Has anyone created a component to add custom fields, or additional WYSIWYG fields to a page?

How about the ability to create new content types? E.g., a news feed, photos etc

I come from ExpressionEngine where I'm used to multiple content types and custom fields. I'm thinking about using GetSimple on a small client site that is only 3-5 pages, but I'm also going to evaluate GS for use on other projects and just wondering if these features have been added by the community already. I like what I see with GS so far, but I feel like it needs to be stretched just a tad further than a single body field and static pages (but not as far as EE).
Those all haven't been created, but it is possible. I'm actually looking at a case to make it easier for my client to edit their sidebar. I'm going to create a subpage of their current page and include that subpage as editable content. The trick is getting GS to open the file alongside the main contents file.

As for using EE, yeah, I used it once. It just required to much work to get a template into the CMS. It's like Wordpress. I've created 20+ WP sites and each one of them needed something "special" done to have my static template site fully functional. It ended up being a complete waste of time hacking this and that. GS is simple to theme for. If you already have a static site, you can just cut the content out and paste it into the CMS. It's very simple, and extremely small amounts of code.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
the new 2.0 plugin system will have this capabiity... Thanks to the hard work of Mike!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Is there a beta release or nightly build available of 2.0 available?
There is, but we need to finish up a few things before we open it up. We will notify people here: http://get-simple.info/forum/viewforum.php?id=10
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Custom fields will be available as a plugin once we release v2.

Creating extra editable regions can be achieved by following my post here:

http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177

Basically adding a subpage, which is read in by the main page.

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Mike, I hope that's gonna be in 2.0.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
2.0 will be awesome...
- Chris