Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P01 blank captchka
I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the p01 contact form displaying a blank captchka (just lines, no letters), and if so, how to fix this?

My logs show there was a captchka value, but for some reason it just won't display properly.

Any help would be appreciated.
no, I never encountered that. Check that the plugin was uploaded completely
maybe that is the reason
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks for the suggestion, but the file sizes are identical, and re-uploading the files did not resolve the issue. Still hoping someone else may have seen this before and can help me to troubleshoot?

Thanks!
OK, so I figured out that the issue was that securimage wasn't finding the font file.

I checked the original securimage files from phpcaptcha.org and found that by adding in this line, the ttf file would display.

$img->ttf_file = 'ahgbold.ttf';

There was alot of trial and error in this, of course, but at least the problem is resolved. Thanks to the original developer for making this very useful plugin.
strange, how comes that the font is missing?
You must have done something wrong when uploading.

this is no problem of GetSimple or the captcha-script itself.

The package contains the file /captcha/AHGBold.ttf
the script secureimage.php has this in line 531:
Code:
$this->ttf_file      = './AHGBold.ttf';

the only error I can imagine is that you uploaded the file with FTP, uploading all files in lower case

check your FtP-program and take care, ;=)

Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
The font wasn't missing, but the original script wasn't picking it up, even though line 531 is present as you noted below. I'm no PHP expert, but the fix I implemented worked, so I'm thrilled, and maybe this will help someone else down the road if they encounter the same issue.

Thanks again!
you just don't understand.

Your fix is a wrong fix.
And it will be overwritten with the next update.

You should better accept that there must have been a change of capitalization when uploading the font (or whatever) because the script integrates the font with the correct capitalization (check the ZIP which you downloaded)
|--

Connie,

I certainly didn't mean to offend you - I double checked the file and you're right - my FTP program had the "force lowercase remote filenames" set to ON, which means it would have converted the file to all lowercase letters during the upload. At any rate it doesn't matter since the file which is NOW working on the server has the statement in mixed case exactly as you have it, and the file itself is still named all lower case. And it works.

I really do appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my question, and again, I hope that you do not find offense with what I hope is a logical, technical discussion aimed at sharing and learning. I did not say the script is faulty, only that it didn't work when I uploaded it, and I had to make a change to get it to work. How you can be offended by that is beyond me, but if you are, again, please accept my sincere apology for any miscommunication which may have occured.

Thank you again for your assistance, and have a great day.
sure I accept and I was not very friendly, for that I have to apologize as well

I just see the problems arising when "corrections" are done at the wrong place and these corrections / modifications are taken up by others

I am glad that my suspicion of a mis-configured FTP was right.

So we all learned and I will take my breakfast coffee now ;=)
|--