Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP Post data
Hello everyone! New to Get Simple and really liking it so far. I have a problem getting some PHP to work though. My problem is I have a form asking for to values with a submit button. The form's action is set to go to a php file when the user clicks it. The php file then grabs the values entered in the form via the _post() command and then sets them to a variable. The file then performs some math on the variables and outputs the results to an echo command. All this works fine outside of Get Simple but as soon as I try to use the form from Get Simple I lose the post data. So I guess I'm asking how do I send the post data to this php file from Get Simple?
Thank you for the great product!
P.S. I attached the PHP files if anyone needs them to help me.
are you making these files templates? if so, then the form's action="" url can't simply be pushout.php. It would be either the URL of the page you create that has pushout.php listed as it's template, or something like this:

Code:
<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/pushout.php
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I tried making a template out of the pushout.php page and using the get_url function but it did not work, I only got the part of the echo statement that did not contain variables, as if the post data never made it. I tested this by just echo'ing the variables I assigned the post data to and they were both empty.
I also tried adding custom pages and using the component feature to add the php but that gave me the same results.
Can you tell me how to make a form and pass post data to another page?
Quote:I tried making a template out of the pushout.php page and using the get_url function but it did not work, I only got the part of the echo statement that did not contain variables, as if the post data never made it. I tested this by just echo'ing the variables I assigned the post data to and they were both empty.
I also tried adding custom pages and using the component feature to add the php but that gave me the same results.

I have the same problem in both templates and components: No data found in $_POST[].

GetSimple is great software. If I only could use my own forms it would be perfect.
Sorry for my last post. It WORKS !!!!
I had an empty form field with the same name as the one I tested. That was the reason for missing data in $_POST

Thank you for this excellent software.