Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I18N Special Pages
I18N Special Pages 1.4.2:
  • even better php8 compatibility (file and image browsers)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Awesome work @mvlcek :-)
Hello,

For another project, i will try using I18N Special Pages, but for some reason the plugin doesn't work probably.
When try create setup a special page type, there is no submit button (save or cancel), and the tabs general, fields and view are not clickable.

Enable debug, and shows errors, see screenshot.

A while ago, test this awesome plugin without problems.

I'm used php8.1 and GSCMS CE is a clean install.
Try also re-install the plugin and on another hosting, but the same problem.

Is it also possible reset the data from this plugin?

Regards,
Christophe
(2023-02-20, 04:52:50)tuxy Wrote: Hello,

For another project, i will try using I18N Special Pages, but for some reason the plugin doesn't work probably.
When try create setup a special page type, there is no submit button (save or cancel), and the tabs general, fields and view are not clickable.

Enable debug, and shows errors, see screenshot.

A while ago, test this awesome plugin without problems.

I'm used php8.1 and GSCMS CE is a clean install.
Try also re-install the plugin and on another hosting, but the same problem.

Is it also possible reset the data from this plugin?

Regards,
Christophe

Confirmed. php7.4 is still working, but once moved to 8.x it looks like the page doesnt finish rendering.
I get the following errors with debug:

Quote:Deprecated: Optional parameter $class declared before required parameter $issearch is implicitly treated as a required parameter in D:\wamp64\www\getSimpleCMS-3.3.16CE\plugins\i18n_specialpages\conf_edit.php on line 583

Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in D:\wamp64\www\getSimpleCMS-3.3.16CE\plugins\i18n_specialpages\conf_edit.php on line 217

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2023-02-20, 04:52:50)tuxy Wrote: For another project, i will try using I18N Special Pages, but for some reason the plugin doesn't work probably.

I18N Special Pages 1.4.3:
  • fixes this php8 problem
BTW, it is neither of the deprecation warnings shown on the screenshot, it is rather an error message (regarding count that may not have a null parameter in php8) that is only visible when you view the HTML source of the page.

Please keep testing - I only tried to change existing page types, never creating a new one ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2023-02-20, 09:15:06)mvlcek Wrote:
(2023-02-20, 04:52:50)tuxy Wrote: For another project, i will try using I18N Special Pages, but for some reason the plugin doesn't work probably.

I18N Special Pages 1.4.3:
  • fixes this php8 problem
BTW, it is neither of the deprecation warnings shown on the screenshot, it is rather an error message (regarding count that may not have a null parameter in php8) that is only visible when you view the HTML source of the page.

Please keep testing - I only tried to change existing page types, never creating a new one ;-)

Super fast fix! Thanks for the continued work on your plugins.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Hi @islander, thanks for the confirmation, so i know it not only by me Wink

@mvleck,

Wow! Very fast support!
Tested and works perfect now Smile

Christophe
Hello guys,

Experimenting with the custom field DropDown box, choosing save as tags (comma seperated).
How use this DropDown box?
When add a page i can't multiselect, also not with CTRL+Click, the items in the DropDown box.
How can i multiselect the items?
(2023-02-23, 00:04:50)tuxy Wrote: Hello guys,

Experimenting with the custom field DropDown box, choosing save as tags (comma seperated).
When add a page i can't multiselect, also not with CTRL+Click, the items in the DropDown box.

You can't. It is a single-select dropdown.
Index as tags only makes sense, if your option includes commas. E.g. having a field sweetener with options "sugar", "honey", "sugar, honey".
(2023-02-23, 01:23:42)mvlcek Wrote:
(2023-02-23, 00:04:50)tuxy Wrote: Hello guys,

You can't. It is a single-select dropdown.
Index as tags only makes sense, if your option includes commas. E.g. having a field sweetener with options "sugar", "honey", "sugar, honey".

Hi mvlcek,

Okay, that's a clear answer. Thank you for the help ;-)
I think found a bug in the I18N Special Pages plugin, when clone a Special page.

When clone a Special Page, the tag menu in the xml-file doesn't change.

Original Special page content:
Code:
<menu><![CDATA[Nieuwpoort]]></menu>

Copied Special page content (also after change the title and slug):
Code:
<menu><![CDATA[Nieuwpoort]]></menu>

Found this issue, when clone a page, seeing in the breadcrumb shows the same text (menu-name) from the original page, also after change the title and slug, the menu- tag doesn't change.
Hi All,

Maybe it's something I am missing, or something I don't understand...

I am trying to use the I18N Special Pages plugin to be able to standardise sets of custom fields for (hypothetically speaking) two groups of pages. Such pages will get effectively tagged as "_special_group_a" and "_special_group_b" .

Now, what I want to do from a theme template, is to iterate through a given group of pages, and be able to access the custom fields for different purposes.

To make my question as direct as possible, what I am really looking for is to replace the ???s with the correct PHP calls  in the following code:

Code:
$search=return_i18n_search_results('_special_group_a',null,0,-1,$language);
if($search['totalCount']>0) {
    foreach($search['result'] as $entry) {
       $p_link=???;            // This is the link to get to the actual page
       $p_title=???;           // This is the page title
       $p_custom_field_X=???;  // This is the value of a custom field defined via the special pages
       $p_custom_field_Y=???;  // This is the value of a custom field defined through custom fields
       // the rest of the code that uses the fields will go here :)
    }
} else {
    // Nothing found code goes here.
}

I am aware of the functionality offered by using the "view" and "search" tabs when editing Special Page types. This brings up my follow-up question... Which method is more efficient?

My installation at the moment is GetSimple v3.3.16, along with i18n Base/Custom Fields/Search/Special Pages and Navigation. The CMS itself and the plugins were all downloaded from http://get-simple.info/

Regards,
Georgios
(2023-03-04, 08:51:37)GeorgiosG Wrote: Hi All,

Maybe it's something I am missing, or something I don't understand...

I am trying to use the I18N Special Pages plugin to be able to standardise sets of custom fields for (hypothetically speaking) two groups of pages. Such pages will get effectively tagged as "_special_group_a" and "_special_group_b" .

Now, what I want to do from a theme template, is to iterate through a given group of pages, and be able to access the custom fields for different purposes.

To make my question as direct as possible, what I am really looking for is to replace the ???s with the correct PHP calls  in the following code:

Code:
$search=return_i18n_search_results('_special_group_a',null,0,-1,$language);
if($search['totalCount']>0) {
    foreach($search['result'] as $entry) {
       $p_link=???;            // This is the link to get to the actual page
       $p_title=???;           // This is the page title
       $p_custom_field_X=???;  // This is the value of a custom field defined via the special pages
       $p_custom_field_Y=???;  // This is the value of a custom field defined through custom fields
       // the rest of the code that uses the fields will go here :)
    }
} else {
    // Nothing found code goes here.
}

If you want to programmatically access a field like in your code, they should all be available as fields in entry: $entry->url (the page slug), $entry->title, $entry->X (for custom or special field named "X").
See http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nsearch (API)

However, the easier way is to just add to your page (language should be that of the page):
Code:
(% searchresults tags="_special_group_a" language="en" %)
and add templage code in the search tab of the special pages configuration. There you would use get_special_field("X", "default-value", false) to display a custom/special field "X".
See http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nspecialpages (API).
See http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/search?tags=+s...rch=Search for an example: the found software entries include information like home page and download links.
This is the HTML/PHP code of the example:
Code:
<h3 class="search-entry-title">
  <?php if ($showLanguage) { ?>
  <span class="search-entry-language"><?php get_special_field('language'); ?></span>
  <?php } ?>
  <a href="<?php get_special_field('link','',false); ?>">
    <?php get_special_field('title','',false); ?>
  </a>
</h3>
<div class="search-entry-date">
  Software,
  <?php get_special_field('type', '-', false); ?>,
  <?php get_special_field('platform', '-', false); ?>
  <?php if (return_special_field('homepage')) { ?>
   &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="<?php get_special_field('homepage','',false); ?>">Home page</a>
  <?php } ?>
  <?php if (return_special_field('download')) { ?>
   &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="<?php get_special_field('download','',false); ?>">Download</a>
  <?php } ?>
</div>
<div class="search-entry-excerpt"><?php get_special_field_excerpt('content', $numWords); ?></div>

In the view tab of the special pages configuration you can define how the page is displayed. The default is just to show the content field.
See http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/oss/jeasyorm for an example: the special fields are displayed in a box.
This is the HTML/PHP code of the example:
Code:
<div class="software-details">
  <p><b>Type</b><br/><?php get_special_field('type','-',false); ?></p>
  <p><b>Platform</b><br/><?php get_special_field('platform','-',false); ?></p>
  <p><b>License</b><br/><?php get_special_field('license','-',false); ?></p>
  <?php if (return_special_field('homepage')) { ?>
  <p><b>Home Page</b><br/><a href="<?php get_special_field('homepage','',false); ?>"><?php get_special_field('homepage','',false); ?></a></p>
  <?php } ?>
  <?php if (return_special_field('download')) { ?>
  <p><b>Download</b><br/><a href="<?php get_special_field('download','',false); ?>"><?php get_special_field('download','',false); ?></a></p>
  <?php } ?>
</div>
<?php get_special_field('content'); ?>
Hi mvlcek,

Thanks for the detailed response.

After all it was the simplest reason for not working... lack of sleep...

The problem was with the line "foreach($search['result'] as $entry)" it was missing an "s"... the key is supposed to be "results"... duh. 

It is all working as I need it now.

Thank you.
Georgios
Has anyone experienced problems with this plugin while having custom toolbar set in gsconfig.php?
Even if I try to set the toolbar to Advanced, it seems to break the plugin.