Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1 RC #4
mvlcek Wrote:What IS the menu manager supposed to do?

And regarding plugins:
  • Are deactivated plugins still loaded/executed?
  • Physically removing a plugin (with DEBUG enabled) will show warnings and error messages on all admin pages until you call the plugins page. This should be corrected.

OK, menu manager only manages the first level and assumes non-default-language pages to be first level, as no parent is stored with them. So it works correctly. I'll have to disable it, if I18N is installed.

Removing a plugin again did not produce the warnings this time, so let's assume it works.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
n00dles101 Wrote:The plugins.xml is recreated each page refresh and should cater for the forced removal of plugins.

Still I'm not happy with this. As I reported in issue 289, GS 3.1 is going to write plugins.xml to disk on *every visit* to the site. I think that's not nice. There has to be a better way to do it, only updating if something has changed.

I intended to study how functions create_pluginsxml() and read_pluginsxml() work, to suggest a patch, but till now I haven't been able to.
@Carlos,

I think I have this sorted now, i'll upload it later when I get home.

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
mvlcek Wrote:I'll have to disable it, if I18N is installed.
Thats what i was planning you'd do. That's why I added the ID to the sidebar item so you could use CSS and hide it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
n00dles101 Wrote:I think I have this sorted now, i'll upload it later when I get home.
That's great, Mike. Thanks!
First of all this weekend i'm going to test the latest rc on 2 new nginx install, will report if successful. I'm already running it as an upgrade without problem, but i never tested the rc4 setup.

Considering GS works really fine with NGINX (i'd say faster than with apache) there's a check in health-check.php that's useless (.htaccess Existence) because nginx don't use .htaccess

here is actual php test variable for actual nginx version:

Quote:_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] nginx/1.1.14

maybe GS could test if running with nginx and output a different message. But i think it should me made clear that with nginx .htaccess directives are ignored.
tazmandev Wrote:I am not sure it is ok to set public_http to 777 ...
It's as safe to set it to 777 as setting any sub-folder to it. Most control panels chown user's directory so other users can't read it. It's perfectly safe.
marrco Wrote:maybe GS could test if running with nginx and output a different message. But i think it should me made clear that with nginx .htaccess directives are ignored.

Can you setup the if-statement for this, and Make sure it works n your nginx server, and then i will check it on a couple of my servers?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Getting the following warnings when selecting "Send Anonymous Data" with debug on (Build 655):
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: success in /media/data/Data/mvlcek/Homepage/mvlcek.bplaced.net/plugins/anonymous_data.php on line 128

Notice: Undefined variable: error in /media/data/Data/mvlcek/Homepage/mvlcek.bplaced.net/plugins/anonymous_data.php on line 131

Notice: Undefined variable: preview_data in /media/data/Data/mvlcek/Homepage/mvlcek.bplaced.net/plugins/anonymous_data.php on line 138

Some isset(...) or @... would be nice ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
@mvlcek, updated , tks..

@carlos, That should be sorted now, plugins.xml is now only updated on demand when activating/deactivating plugins and when the file count in the plugins folder differs from what is has in plugins.xml . this should cover us when users add /remove files manually...
My Github Repos: Github
It would be nice if translators knew what existing strings have been changed in the language file since 3.0, and not only those that have been added (which is easy with mvlcek's Translate plugin).
I presume most of the changes are not that important, but I think that some use now parameter %s and should be updated in lang files.
ccagle8 Wrote:
marrco Wrote:maybe GS could test if running with nginx and output a different message. But i think it should me made clear that with nginx .htaccess directives are ignored.

Can you setup the if-statement for this, and Make sure it works n your nginx server, and then i will check it on a couple of my servers?

Sorry, i have no idea of your coding style, so it's better i don't write that statement. Maybe you could set a global IS_NGINX so that you can use in different places in your code (ie. not to set root .htaccess for fancy_urls or checking for mod_rewrite)

But running this on my server:
Code:
<?php
echo $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'];
?>
gives this exact output
Code:
nginx/1.1.14

If you need some testing just contact me directly, i have a few test box (running updated debian squeeze and nginx) so i can test setup and upgrades. As per RC4 all works fine, upgraded a few websites and did one new install without any problem.
After a quick test my main plugins seem to be fine:
  • DynPages: OK
  • Hitcount: OK
  • I18N: new version with some cosmetic changes, hiding of menu manager -> OK
  • I18N Custom Fields: new version with some cosmetic changes -> OK
  • I18N Gallery: OK
  • I18N Search: OK
  • I18N Special Pages: new version with some cosmetic changes -> OK
  • Theme Highlighter: new version with some CSS changes -> OK
  • Translate: OK

Additionally I tested most of my other plugins and they are fine, too:
  • AddToMenu: OK
  • Auto-Open Page Options: OK
  • FAQ: OK
  • Math: OK
  • Pagify: OK
  • Theme Switcher: OK

No reason not to release 3.1 from my side!
you just fine, thank you, I collected all you plugins in folder 3.1
In 3.0 if I go to add an image, before adding it in the preview box I see a Lorem ipsum text. If you didn't fix that in 3.1 do it please.
mvlcek - Thanks!

@carlos - all new strings are at the bottom of the language file, after a couple releases, i reorder to put them in the sections they belong.
- Chris

JoeyDown Wrote:In 3.0 if I go to add an image, before adding it in the preview box I see a Lorem ipsum text. If you didn't fix that in 3.1 do it please.

This is a feature of the integrated CKEditor, I will check that
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
ccagle8 Wrote:all new strings are at the bottom of the language file, after a couple releases, i reorder to put them in the sections they belong.

I didn't mean new strings but updated ones. Like: CHMOD_ERROR, TOGGLE_STATUS, ALL_PAGES, KEEP_PRIVATE, ... They have been changed in en_US after GS 3.0.

Also, there's at least one, LAST_SAVED, that now uses a variable: it was "Last Saved" and now it's "Page last saved by %s on"
JoeyDown Wrote:In 3.0 if I go to add an image, before adding it in the preview box I see a Lorem ipsum text. If you didn't fix that in 3.1 do it please.

@JoeyDown:
well, I tested.

CKEditor behaves like before. There is a placeholder text (which you can define yourself if you would like to dive into CKEditor configuration) which is quite useful when you define the alignement of the image after selecting it.
You have the chance to visually check how your image fits with text.

It was like that in GS 3.0 and it is the same now with GS 3.1BRC655
as you can see in the image here

So, please tell us exactly what you wanted to tell us:

1) Do you want to have this behaviour changed? No placeholder text? If so, I doubt that placeholder will be taken off, as it is useful

2) Or do you miss that in your testinstallation? If so, re-install and test again
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:

This is a feature of the integrated CKEditor, I will check that
I bet this is something we can update in /template/js/ckeditor/config.js
- Chris

Carlos Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:all new strings are at the bottom of the language file, after a couple releases, i reorder to put them in the sections they belong.

I didn't mean new strings but updated ones. Like: CHMOD_ERROR, TOGGLE_STATUS, ALL_PAGES, KEEP_PRIVATE, ... They have been changed in en_US after GS 3.0.

Also, there's at least one, LAST_SAVED, that now uses a variable: it was "Last Saved" and now it's "Page last saved by %s on"

Hmm... i don't remember LAST_SAVED being changed that dramatically, but the others were just small language changes, nothing that should effect other language files. Just because I reword a language string doesn't necessarily mean that any lang files need updated.
- Chris

Chris,

ccagle8 Wrote:I bet this is something we can update in /template/js/ckeditor/config.js

The behaviour is just the same as before, but can be confugured
If somebody does not want that lorem ipsum placeholder text in the image-box he can define that in the custom configuration:

Code:
config.image_previewText = CKEDITOR.tools.repeat('any text here', 50 ),
|--

Anyone know what this is all about ?

Add this page to menu checkbox , ugliness.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:Anyone know what this is all about ?

Add this page to menu checkbox , ugliness.

If you install the newest version of the I18N plugin it looks better.
Ok, great Connie - Next release I really want to customize ckeditor and this would be one of those things we would want to accomplish - replacing lorem ipsum with the text in the content textarea.

Connie Wrote:Chris,

ccagle8 Wrote:I bet this is something we can update in /template/js/ckeditor/config.js

The behaviour is just the same as before, but can be confugured
If somebody does not want that lorem ipsum placeholder text in the image-box he can define that in the custom configuration:

Code:
config.image_previewText = CKEDITOR.tools.repeat('any text here', 50 ),
- Chris