Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various permissions errors
Hi all,

Firstly many congratulations on a great CMS been having a lot of fun with GetSimple and it's a joy to use.

I have completed a few sites and haven't run into many problems until now. All the sites that I host I have no problems with, however this latest site which I am not hosting is causing a few issues and a few directional pointers would be most appreciated.

Some of the issues I am encountering is when I go to say site settings I get the error of CHMOD 755 / 777 on the data and backups folder which they are set to 777. Seems that there was quite a few .htaccess issues that hopefully I have now resolved.

When I create a new folder in the files section I cannot upload any images to it. It accepts the file and uploads but doesn't appear. I have looked into this and it seems that any folder etc that I create sets the Owner and Group to apache yet on the folders that do allow me to upload as they were created originally on my local server are set differently.

Also within the site I am using a flash simple slideshow viewer that requires access to some xml files but using the standard .htaccess in the root it wont allow access to these unless I disable the <files> part of that which obviously isn't a good situation.

The website health check all comes back fine.

http://www.keanphotography.co.uk

Any other information then please just ask and many thanks in advance.

Regards

Stu
srsdesign Wrote:Also within the site I am using a flash simple slideshow viewer that requires access to some xml files but using the standard .htaccess in the root it wont allow access to these unless I disable the <files> part of that which obviously isn't a good situation.

You can allow the access to especially defined xml-files

for example:

Code:
<Files galerie.xml>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi Connie,

Many thanks for your prompt reply...that was nice and easy!

Now just to wean out the other issues!

Regards

Stu
Stu,

I am glad that I could help

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi all,

Still having these issues....any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards

Stu
Hello srsdesign,

Did you ever get the answer to your question :

"When I create a new folder in the files section I cannot upload any images to it. It accepts the file and uploads but doesn't appear. I have looked into this and it seems that any folder etc that I create sets the Owner and Group to apache yet on the folders that do allow me to upload as they were created originally on my local server are set differently."

.. or did you solve this issue somehow yourself?
This little issue is bugging me for some time now and unless you have an answer i gonna spent some time figuring out this problem.

Hope you've solved it?

With kind regards,

Frank van der Geld
Same problem here.

I can make directories. They are CHMOD 777. I can upload files, but they never appear on the server.

What i notice that there is a GET false request to the server (site-url/admin/false/) that returns with a 404

Any clues?