Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum and GS Suggestions
Hey, I am new to GS and I really like the CMS. As I have said in other threads, I have worked with vBulletin for almost 10 years and have some suggestions.

1. More built in options, more settings.
2. Forum integration.
3. Better Register/Login abilities.
4. Recaptcha
5. Embed code into posts.

My Support Forum suggestions:

1. Clean up the forums, where themes are, add a sub forum for requests. Add a few more forums so things are more organized.

These are just my opinons and if anything in the above is already a part of GS, please let me know.

Brandon
1. list them Smile
2. what forum ?
GS isn't database driven CMS, and forum scripts offer their own API's or frontpage systems.

3. better login ? What's wrong with current login panel ?

4. For ?

5. show code between [ code] tags or invoke php code from within page content ?
I'd browse plugin repository and GS wiki on your place Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
1. list them Smile

Add some of the stable mods or your own to the original script, like gallery, slideshows, a comment system, something that can make the site more user friendly.

2. what forum ?
GS isn't database driven CMS, and forum scripts offer their own API's or frontpage systems.

What about integrating SMF, PHPbb or another free forum and then the database would be used through SMF and not your script. So it would give us the option to use a database.

I'm talking about the script itself, not this site.

4. For ?

Part of the register process or if not the comment system if added.

Will look into this.

I think you thought that I was talking about this site when I was actually talking about the script.
The only thing I said about this site is the organization of forums. I suggested a Request forum and to clean the plugins and themes forums up.

Respectfully,
Brandon
Btw, I really like the script, that's why I would like to see a lilttle bit more.
Do you have a reason for a better login script?

As of now this script has seemed secure and user friendly so I am not sure why we would need
to change it?

You posted in the request section of our forum. I will look through the listed forums and see about cleaning them up a little but I really see no point in this as we do it on a regular basis. No junk is allowed, and anytime something is placed improperly its moved.

BrandonF Wrote:1. list them Smile

Add some of the stable mods or your own to the original script, like gallery, slideshows, a comment system, something that can make the site more user friendly.

2. what forum ?

What about integrating SMF, PHPbb or another free forum and then the database would be used through SMF and not your script. So it would give us the option to use a database.

I'm talking about the script itself, not this site.

4. For ?

Part of the register process or if not the comment system if added.

Will look into this.

I think you thought that I was talking about this site when I was actually talking about the script.
The only thing I said about this site is the organization of forums. I suggested a Request forum and to clean the plugins and themes forums up.

Respectfully,
Brandon
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
please do never implement recaptcha in GS. I hate it and there are so many way better chatcha methods out there. Recapcha most annoying thing on the net.

Sry but i needed to say this!