Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug? Web Server Statistics returning page not found...
I cannot get my host's web server statistics working.

I was able to get it working on a sub-domain, but not on the main domain.

Web Server Statistics lands on the correct sub-directory but the site returns a "page not found" error.

There must be something in the code that is causing this.

Any clues?

Thank you.
Statistics software is completely independent from GS. This is not a GS bug as you can install Google Analytics with no issues.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
My host's stats have other info that GA does not have.

I really feel that it has to be something in GS that is blocking the stats.

Anyhow, I'll check with my host and see if they can suggest a workaround.

Thanks.
A stats package works directly with the webserver and not the website in particular. GS or any other website script cannot cause a stats package to not collect data. That's what a stats package does, it monitors what Apache or IIS or whatever your running and fetching info about what webpage is being called at what specific time.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Right on.

My host gave me a workaround. For sites on Wordpress and similar CMS the htaccess file needs to be edited to view stats...

I am not sure how that relates with what you wrote though, I am clueless about this coding stuff.

I have a workaround though, so it's all good! Smile

And just installed Google Analytics as well since I was at it. Thanks for the reminder. Smile