Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob please help :) - Applying my current site...
Ok, I have installed and got the GetSimple CMS running, however it is using the defualt page that comes with it at the moment.

I have a HTML and CSS style sheet from my current site. I don't know how to write PHP atm Sad Please can someone tell me how I can apply my current site files to the GetSimpe CMS?

Current site:
index.html
videos.html
photos.html
style.css

I do the HTML and CSS and my friend puts all the content up remotly. I'd imagen I contain parts of the content in the HTML with a command so the bits contained show up in the content editor on the GetSimple site?

I don't realy get how to use this: http://get-simple.info/docs/theme-codex

I seem to now be working with .XML & .PHP so it's all new to me now.

Thanks for any help Smile
If your clueless, then just do this.

1. change the .html to .php on your current site.
2. remove the content area (place that is editable) and put this in it's place <?php get_page_content(); ?>
3. upload those in your theme dir + your css file
4. In admin panel, select new theme
5. In admin panel, create new pages and for those pages select the template in the page options dropdown.

It's really that easy.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:If your clueless, then just do this.

1. change the .html to .php on your current site.
2. remove the content area (place that is editable) and put this in it's place <?php get_page_content(); ?>
3. upload those in your theme dir + your css file
4. In admin panel, select new theme
5. In admin panel, create new pages and for those pages select the template in the page options dropdown.

It's really that easy.

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly! This CMS is realy good! Thank you so much for your help.
^ PayPal Me Wink

Glad it was easy, I've noticed the same thing... That's why I stick around. Big Grin
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:^ PayPal Me Wink
PayPal Chris, he made it :p
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!