Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS 3.1: GSAUTOSAVE blocks saving of pages
well, it is said the autosave interval is in seconds, so 900 seconds = 15 minutes, right?

For the first time, I had this option enabled at a site, in the latest version GS 3.1, not in Beta-version:

Code:
# Autosave within edit.php. Value is the autosave interval in seconds
define('GSAUTOSAVE', 900);

and like it was reported in one of the BETA-threads, after activating this option, pages get autosaved, but to no avail,
you cannot save the pages (save buttons do nothing in FF) and the autosaved page does not appear in the page list.

Is this a bug or did I misunderstand something?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I dont think it's quite ready for production yet Connie. I know there were some bugs with it... i think it's a good 80% of the way there, but there are some problems with it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I haven't played with it yet either, sounds like an interesting feature, i hope it is a background save and that it will move us towards all saves being ajax background saves. I hate page reloads when I am editing and saving.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:I haven't played with it yet either, sounds like an interesting feature, i hope it is a background save and that it will move us towards all saves being ajax background saves. I hate page reloads when I am editing and saving.

Agreed. The great thing about GS is that I think that since we are done with feature-adds, we can now focus solely on upgrading/tweaking the UI and UX of the control panel as well as bug fixes.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:I dont think it's quite ready for production yet Connie.

Ok, I know, it's just because I wrote an article "How to upgrade and what is new"
so I will write there to treat it with care, not to use it in production sites for the moment

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18