Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Content text cannot be defined in css
Hello,

Thanks for all the help these last two weeks, since I have been able to almost finish my new website layout, which I'm going to upload in a week or so.

But the problem I have now is that I cant style the text that is in my content. Al the text outside it like in the header etc, works.

I have tried to put the code in my pages through the get-simple pages panel. And also through the php pages, by simply putting the content in my content div and by making the 'get_content' a comment, like this:

<!--<?php get_page_content(); ?>-->

But either way, it somehow faills to find my css:

.plat {
color:#787878;
font-family:Arial;
font-size:11px;
}

And instead it follows this line:

body{
background:#ffffff;
margin:0px;
overflow-yConfusedcroll;
font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana;
}

And when I put the text from my header in my content, the same happens. I have also checked for type errors and such, but everything is typed correctley.

If needed I can make and post screenshots.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another thing, since I'm learning GS CMS, I have been writing a Dutch manual with personal notes, but also template tags, important notes about when an error could occur and such, if anyone is interested in that.
Also, does anyone know who's behind the dutch Get Simple website? Because I'd really like to see it online, and if needed I'd like to help with that, for example, doing translations from English to Dutch or somthing.

Greets,

Christiaan
studiobruinsma Wrote:Another thing, since I'm learning GS CMS, I have been writing a Dutch manual with personal notes, but also template tags, important notes about when an error could occur and such, if anyone is interested in that.
Also, does anyone know who's behind the dutch Get Simple website? Because I'd really like to see it online, and if needed I'd like to help with that, for example, doing translations from English to Dutch or somthing.

To find about a domain-owner, you can try this tool here: http://www.iptools.com/html/domain_info.php

when you have finished your manual, it would be great if you announce it here! I think, GS is getting more and more international, great!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Not sure I understand you but do you need different style in your page content ?
I make a clean templates and style all my page myself.
so now I can have different style in different pages.
We had all been beginners :)
I have two styles for my text, one for the title, and one for the rest of the text.
But for some reason the css code doesn't work for the text thats in my content div.

like this:

<div id="content">
<div class="tekstblok1">
<!--<?php get_page_content(); ?>-->
<span class="plat">
<a href="http://www.catwalkpromotions.nl/">Catwalk Promotions</a>
<p>
Opdracht:<br>
E-mail uitnodiging voor<br>
Amsterdam Fashion Week
</span>
</div>
<div class="tekstblok2">
</div>
<div class="tekstblok3">
</div>
</div>

Above this content I have 3 blocks with a picture in it and a title.
And those titles are connected to the css style.

But everything in the content div doesnt connect to the css.

See the picture I have added with all the information
See the picture:
studiobruinsma Wrote:I have two styles for my text, one for the title, and one for the rest of the text.
But for some reason the css code doesn't work for the text thats in my content div.

Why do you put the get_content in a comment???
You shouldn't see the content at all.

Another issue: you are not allowed to put a <p> within a <span>.

You should really validate your page.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I have put the get_content in a comment, because I thought that was making my css not work properly.
But before i'll launch my website I will put the text on my website through the pages panel.

But I did not know that a <p> may not be placed within a span. thanks for that!

I'll now code and put my text on my website correctly.

I'll post a reply as soon as I have done that.
studiobruinsma Wrote:Also, does anyone know who's behind the dutch Get Simple website? Because I'd really like to see it online, and if needed I'd like to help with that, for example, doing translations from English to Dutch or somthing.

With regards to the .nl site, took a look, a company called 'Mijn InternetOplossing' registered it, not much of a site there (seems to be a domain or hosting reseller at first glance), by the looks of it the .nl site hasn't really been touched since installing it so I wonder if anything more will happen with it. You can always try dropping them a line.