Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS 3.1 ZIP-Backups with errors
I apologize if I hadn't tested enough but I was sure to have tested the BACKUP-ZIP-feature on my host.
Today I run into problem:
- ZIPs are created, can be downloaded
- ZIPs have broken structure, can only be opened with 7Zip

I run a backup because I wanted to see whether lang-files from /admin/lang are included in the backup, they are not.

Here is the server-info: everything ok, everything in the green range (see image below)

[Image: serverinfo.jpg]

when I generate a complete backup and download it, the filename of the zip is quite strange:
_var_www_web10_html_cmg_backups_zip_2012-03-10-0923_24_archive.zip

when I try to open this in my Zipper-Prog (DirOpusZip) I get errormessage, can't open
when I open with 7Zip, it shows this structure in 7Zip:
[Image: zipstruktur.jpg]

when I unzip with 7Zip, the following file structure is created which seems strange to me:
[Image: folderstruktur.jpg]

the admin/lang is not included and the structure is not transparent

gsconfig.php is very standard, only debug is active (no problems shown) and sitewide-cookies are enabled

what could be the reason? Maybe a wrong PHP-ZIP-module at the server?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
It looks okay to me: your archive download opens fine here (though I use neither Windows, nor 7zip however). Is this the only site with a problem for you ?

Regarding language files, nothing under /admin is archived (file /admin/zip.php line 46), probably because nothing was (historically) expected to change there after installation. It would be quite easy to add the language files with another conditional in zip.php.
--
Nick.
hameau,

I tested with 4 different installations. All on the same host.
I will check to open with WINZIP or other programs, but with 3.0 I could open easily with 7zip for example

I will checkout more

It was planned to integrate the language files from admin-area into the archive, there is a posting from long time ago, I expected it to be on the todo list ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:I tested with 4 different installations. All on the same host.
I will check to open with WINZIP or other programs, but with 3.0 I could open easily with 7zip for example
What about on a different host ? Can you force a newer version of PHP on the troublesome host ? PHP v5.2 caused some problems for me, though not with a basic GS installation.

Is there anything in those directories under var ? By the .zip filename, it may be something with the host's configuration: I'm surprised to see a commercial host expose the real absolute path of your web space.
--
Nick.
Nick,

I will try but I have no installation at another host in the moment
this is a managed virtual server, I will talk with the "manager" ;=)

before, with GS 3.0, the zip-name was a clear name, not this "var-structured.." kind of name

in one installation we also have a PIWIK installation below GS root, and I saw this directory in the zip as well, what I found quite strange

I will investigate further, until now it seems that I am the only one with this problem, not a general one, that is good
|--