Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few issues
I have been having a few issues with my website in the last day or so. Firstly, I got the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@southcoastcomputers.net.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at southcoastcomputers.net.au Port 80

I contacted my host and they got the site back working but I had the following error at the top of the page:

Warning: fopen(/home/southcoa/public_html/data/other/hitcount/lock.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/southcoa/public_html/plugins/hitcount.php on line 120

Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/southcoa/public_html/plugins/hitcount.php on line 121

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/southcoa/public_html/plugins/hitcount.php on line 143

I then figured it was perhaps a permissions issue, so I set the permissions back to 777, and then I was getting the original error again whenever I tried to access the site. I have since set the permissions to 755 and the website seems to display ok, but some of the pages still have the hitcount error.

The problem I have now though, is that when I click on the plugins section in the admin panel, I can't enable and disbale any plugins and I get the following error at the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 31

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 33

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 33

I just want to get my site working again, and Im happy to disable hitcount to do that but at the moment I cant disable hitcount.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Why not just delete the hitcount plugin from your plugins folder?
If you cannot get hitcount working, there is another statistic plugin in the extend.
I feel stupid now, but deleting hitcount seems to have fixed the display problem for my site. Thanks for the simple, obvious and overlooked solution mikeh!

I still have the following error in plugins though whereby I cant enable/disable any plugins:

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 31

Notice: Undefined index: config in /home/southcoa/public_html/admin/plugins.php on line 32

blueman Wrote:plugins.php

I cannot replicate that error. My guess would be one of your plugins is not compatible with GS 3.1. What plugins do you have installed?

And can you go to support->health check in your admin panel and post the results?
Here is the result of the health check. Seems I may be using GetSimple 3.0 and not the latest 3.1.

GetSimple Version
GetSimple Version Upgrade needed to 3.1
Download
Server Setup
PHP Version 5.2.17 - OK
cURL Module Installed - OK
GD Library Installed - OK
ZipArchive Installed - OK
SimpleXML Module Installed - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK

For more information on the required modules, visit the requirements page.
Data File Integrity Check
/data/pages/contact.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/pages/index.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/pages/remote.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/pages/services.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/404.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/authorization.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/components.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/faq.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/plugins.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/website.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/logs/failedlogins.log XML Valid - OK
/backups/other/components.xml.bak XML Valid - OK
/backups/other/website.xml.bak XML Valid - OK
/backups/users/soucoa.xml.bak XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/contact-us.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/contact.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/index.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/remote-support.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/remote.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/pages/services.bak.xml XML Valid - OK
Directory Permissions
/data/pages/ 0755 Writable - OK
/data/other/ 0755 Writable - OK
/data/other/logs/ 0755 Writable - OK
/data/thumbs/ 0755 Writable - OK
/data/uploads/ 0755 Writable - OK
/data/users/ 0755 Writable - OK
/backups/zip/ 0755 Writable - OK
/backups/pages/ 0755 Writable - OK
/backups/other/ 0755 Writable - OK
/backups/users/ 0755 Writable - OK
.htaccess Existance
/data/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/uploads/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/thumbs/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/pages/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/plugins/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/logs/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/theme/ No file - OK

This is what is listed under plugins (I note there is a blank entry that is blank under title, says Version - author under description and has an option to enable. Not sure how I can remove a blank plugin but Im sure its causing problems!):

Plugin Management
p01-contact Simply add contact forms in your pages
Version 0.9.1 — Author: Nicolas Liautaud Disable
Social Share 3+ Adds only the twitter, facebook and gplus button below the content. For simple sharing.
Version 1.1 — Author: Nico Hemkes Disable

Version — Author: Enable
Innovation Theme Settings Settings for the default GetSimple 3.0 Theme: Innovation
Version 1.0 — Author: Chris Cagle Disable
Client Files Provides a simple file manager with password protected access areas for Get Simple
Version 0.8 — Author: Rob Antonishen Disable
FAQ Manager Manage frequently asked questions
Version 1.1 — Author: Mike Henken En

Also, how do I go about upgrading GetSimple without losing any of my content? Are there particular files to backup then just overwrite the current files with new ones then transfer the config files back (if that makes sense?!)
Ok, so I saw the wiki on how to upgrade, and followed the guide there. I can now do everything on my site including activating/deactivating plugins. Thanks for all the help!
it's always good to read the wiki or documentation ;=)

good that it is working now,

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18