Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for a Free Newsletter Script?
Does anyone use a great yet simple newsletter system? The one I've been using for GetSimple for some reason is sending crap emails with /r/r/n all of a sudden and I need to switch to something better.

I think the only features I need are:

1. Double confirmation process
2. Ability to import email addresses (we currently have about 1,500 subscribers)
3. Ability to churn out HTML or TEXT emails based on the email client.
4. PHP/MySQL based

Any suggestions? Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Does anyone use a great yet simple newsletter system?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

not exactly what you're asking for, but why not consider using mailchimp ?
It's a great service, but unless it's free, it really doesn't make sense to use it for an open-source free project.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Does anyone use a great yet simple newsletter system? The one I've been using for GetSimple for some reason is sending crap emails with /r/r/n all of a sudden and I need to switch to something better.

Yes, you really need to do something. The mail I got was empty with no sender, because of an empty line around a MIME-Version header, which effectively ends the header. And the MIME header of the parts also had empty lines.

I suppose the line breaks that were repressed in the content (/r/n) got distributed throughout the headers ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
no idea mvlcek, but whatever it was, i really need help from the community to find a better script.
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:It's a great service, but unless it's free, it really doesn't make sense to use it for an open-source free project.

it is free up to 2.000 users, if you accept the (very small) branding.

(i'm just a satisfied user of their standard plan)
Have a look at these scripts:
http://pommo.org/Main_Page
http://www.phplist.com
http://codecanyon.net/item/newsletter-system/52667
leenm: pommo is a deadthing
but somebody did a fork and I suggest looking at soonick's pommo: https://github.com/soonick/poMMo
I did a test a year ago, but something went wrong.

For simple things I'd suggest listmessenger light or simple mailing list (there's a v2 beta, but for 1 newsletter list, v1.5.1 should work fine).

phplist is a big thing, and configuration along with testing might last long hours
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:simple mailing list
im using the first version of this now... i like it except for the fact that it doesnt send emails correctly. lol
- Chris

I found this one CcMail
it´s not using database ... and I think it should be a good one for GetSimple ...
(CcMail is under GPL license. Sources can be freely distributed, and usage is totally free.)
the demo is here
and a guide how to do.
I will try it some day then I had time for it, and tell you guys if it is a good one.
I google and find that other people had find it usefully. So I will give it a try.
We had all been beginners :)
ccagle8 Wrote:
yojoe Wrote:simple mailing list
im using the first version of this now... i like it except for the fact that it doesnt send emails correctly. lol
If you could do me a favour, and test latest beta version... ;]
Otherwise go with phplist. You can also integrate it with website.
As I already mentioned: its a powerful tool, but needs much time to tweak it.
But that's the only free massmail app with cron integration I ever found :\
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:...
I think phplist is the best solution.
(but it´s need a database ...)
and why not use this one
We had all been beginners :)