Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MetaRobots Plugin
MetaRobots Plugin
Click Here To Download From Extend
View GitHub Repos.

Outline Of Plugin:
  • Ability to select "No Follow, No Index" from within create/edit page
  • Pages that have been marked as nofollow, noindex will have the nofollow meta tag placed in th header

Instructions:
Step 1: Drag The contents of MetaRobots.zip into the plugins folder
Step 2: Select "NoIndex, NoFollow" for desired Pages (this could be done in the "Page Options" section for each page).
Step 3: If your website does not have the below function in place, paste the below function in your head /head section of your template files
Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>
Step 4: If your websites template already has a "<meta name="robots">" tag, delete it.

Screenshots

[Image: MetaRobots.jpg]
thanks ... great ...
We had all been beginners :)
that's great Mike - what amazing and quick work youve done so far with all your plugins!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Nice!

One suggestion: maybe instead of the text "Enable NoIndex & NoFollow" a text like "Disable robots" would be easier to understand. Like you would rather say "switch off the electricity" than "switch on the circuit breaker" ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:Nice!

One suggestion: maybe instead of the text "Enable NoIndex & NoFollow" a text like "Disable robots" would be easier to understand. Like you would rather say "switch off the electricity" than "switch on the circuit breaker" ;-)
Agreed Smile I will update it at some point today.
Hi Mikeh,
nice plug again. much nicer than doin this stuff with customFields and a selfmade 'get_header'-function like I do in my templates...

eventhough I have litle suggestion:
instead of a single checkbox 'Disable Robots', a dropdownbox with all NoIndex, NoFollow combinations might be better for sophisticated SEO stuff.

Most of the time - If you want specific pages not to be in the SERPs - "Noindex / follow" is the thing to do.
At least when there are internal links on this specific page... theres no need to waste link juice.

There might even be use for 'index / nofollow' in some cases.
Why did you add the plugin, plugin anonymous_data looks like?
[Image: robots.jpg]
Oleg06 Wrote:Why did you add the plugin, plugin anonymous_data looks like?
[Image: robots.jpg]
This is weird. I am not sure why that would happen. I did use a variable under the same name I believe, $thisfile_anony
I changed $thisfile_anony to $thisfile_anonny and now all works
Oleg06 Wrote:I changed $thisfile_anony to $thisfile_anonny and now all works
Sorry about that.

Version 1.1 Added To Extend
  • Changed $thisfile_anony to $thisfile_meta
Hi mikeh.

I don know if you are still developing this plugin, but I have a feature sugegstion.

I noticed that, although the pages are marked with noindex when the checkbox is active, they still appear on the sitemap generated by GS. It would be great if you could add a checkbox option that allows a page to be excluded from the sitemap.

(For your reference I was asking about a way to do this on this thread)
Profesor de guitarra en Angel's Guitar
Pretty sure this is no longer maintained.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
what is this error?
Code:
PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in mydomen\plugins\metaRobots.php on line 27