Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally with GetSimple!
After a long restyling my personal site is now based on GetSimple!
I'm sadly having some problems with the hosting server but here's my site always in expansion:

http://lucamusolesi.altervista.org/

Any comments or suggestions from everyone is welcome!
I'd suggest:
1. changing "Josefin Slab" font to a sans-serif type font
2. adding background to page content, because reading a white serif font on violet background makes my eyes bleeding :\
3. animated navigation container on hover, is a bad idea

I'd suppose it's one of your first websites, but after seeing adrianensemble.it, your website should go in the same direction.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:I'd suggest:
1. changing "Josefin Slab" font to a sans-serif type font
2. adding background to page content, because reading a white serif font on violet background makes my eyes bleeding :\
3. animated navigation container on hover, is a bad idea

I'd suppose it's one of your first websites, but after seeing adrianensemble.it, your website should go in the same direction.

Thank you for the feedback, I have to say that this is not a commercial site and it's aimed to experiment a bit. About your advice:
1) Do you have a good reason for using a sans-serif font?
2) Are you using windows? I saw that some google fonts sadly have a bad rendering on windows (also on google chrome!!!), and that's so bad. On linux and mac font rendering is perfect so it's really easy readable.
3) You mean the right side navigation? Do you find this annoying?
1. I personally have a simple solution: I don't stay on websites having nothing in common with readability - I do care about my eyes Smile
Serif fonts were designed for texts printed on bright background . Using serifs for bright texts on dark backgrounds tend to be more tiring for the eyes. Sans serif fonts were designed specifically for electronic media, as they should be as simple and fast to read as possible.
You will find tons of good literature about readability if you really wish to get some knowledge about that.

2. I thought that websites "designed for IE" are history. Shall I understand, that you design websites to be visited under linux OS ?
It's not OS, but designers fault, that website's content is unreadable.
Don't blame technology, and find a solution.

3. That's a catchy question. If menu items would stick into cursor in animated style, this could become a nice. But navigation running away from the cursor is at most an arcade game.

Anyway, you asked for some suggestions. But there's really not much to suggest, as your website is just a minefield.
About typography there's much to discuss but that's not the place. I didn't have a response on the render of the font but nevermind.
I changed the contrast scheme of the site. Does it look better?
@lucamusolesi, looks much better with the lighter background...
My Github Repos: Github
lucamusolesi Wrote:I changed the contrast scheme of the site. Does it look better?
Definitely yes !