Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple Newsletter Plugin
I have created a new plugin that allows any page to be emailed as a newsletter.

The plugin handles subscriptions (additions/deletions), HTML emails, text emails and has a configuration screen to set some configuration options.
dshaner Wrote:I have created a new plugin that allows any page to be emailed as a newsletter.

The plugin handles subscriptions (additions/deletions), HTML emails, text emails and has a configuration screen to set some configuration options.

That's great.
I wanted to create a plugin like this, but now I can just try yours :-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: ds in D:\home\0getsimple.ru\www\plugins\simple_newsletter.php on line 441

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in D:\home\0getsimple.ru\www\plugins\simple_newsletter.php on line 454

Notice: Undefined variable: newsletter_confirmation_body in D:\home\0getsimple.ru\www\plugins\simple_newsletter.php on line 538
Great, simple plugin, but...

Found it working better with multiple email clients when I switched the Content-Transfer-Encoding to quoted-printable, and also fixed a problem with charset=\"charset=us-ascii\"

Secondly, would be great when you enter a subscription email to get a confirmation on the front page (i.e. email sent, check your mail). At first I thought it didn't work.

Really like the idea of sending a full page.
I plan on updating some of the features when I get a chance. I will add your change to the next version
I need to implement this on my site but am a little lost as I'm not that great at php. I have installed the plugin, snipped code from the simple_newsletter.php lines 484 - 507 to have the form on my page. But I cannot subscribe and I think the form isnt working yet.

Can someone let me know if I have taken the correct route?

Thanks
Any thoughts to the last question anyone?
So far I got the form on the page using the method I mentioned above but none of the subscriptions are getting through.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Hello,

i´ve add the plugin to my GS 3.3.4 installation and it works (installation without error) what i do not understand what i have to do to add a
subscription link that user can register to the newsletter ?

Is this possible or not ?
(2014-10-16, 03:41:16)phpman Wrote: Hello,

i´ve add the plugin to my GS 3.3.4 installation and it works (installation without error) what i do not understand what i have to do to add a
subscription link that user can register to the newsletter ?

Is this possible or not ?

Hi All;
I'm also having the same iss  ue... No idea how to add a subscription form to the sidebar.
Any help?
Huh
I've not been able to get a functional newsletter from within GS. Sad

So I went with the free, OpenSource Dada Mail which, as it turns out, much faster than to get up and running than any GS plugin listed.
@Mark,
I'll give it a try.
Thanks a lot for that info...
I guess this is related to footer function so .......
(2012-04-06, 10:10:06)dshaner Wrote: I plan on updating some of the features when I get a chance. I will add your change to the next version

Thanks for the plugin. Did you get chance to add more features to it?

I'm waiting for the next version :-)

Keep up the good work, thanks!
This plugin's form is closed first and when we click "signup" and the form opens.

I want the form to be open in the first place. What should I do?