Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0 chmod issues
Hi,

I'm using GetSimple for a couple of months now, but unfortunately I'm having some issues now when I changed from my development server to a production server.

After copying and installing the GetSimple-installation to my webserver I'm getting the following problems, when I try to login in the admin-panel I'm redirected to the login-screen. Without getting a message like: login/password is incorrect or any other warnings. When I enabled debug-mode I saw the following message:
Quote:Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 237

This is probably why I'm getting the redirect, because he can't set any cookies. The problem is: why do I get this message? Is it because the files are not owned by root, but by the ftp-user? If so, then I have another problem because I can't change the ownership to root because that's blocked by my webhost.

When I'm (supposed to be) "logged in" I'm getting the following message:
Quote:Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 237

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php:237) in /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php:237) in /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 237 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

Any ideas?

I allready have had disabled all plugins and tried to reupload the whole installation. I'm using DirectAdmin as userpanel for my server. Futhermore I've searched this forum, but didn't found similar problems or the fixes didn't work.

Thanks in advance!
First of all, I should probably tell you to update to GetSimple 3.1 to benefit of performance, security, and all the updates it has to offer.

Next up I think you are using a wrong username–password pair.

The chmod() call you are referring to is used by GetSimple to ensure a saved file will be accessible in the future and is triggered whenever an XML file is saved. When a wrong username or password are used this is logged to a ‘failedlogins.log’ XML file. This is where things collapse for you.

I do wonder how you were able to install GetSimple in the first place, the installation makes use of the chmod function as well.

If you can figure out the right username–password pair you might be able to login. You could try just recreating the XML file with your user credentials in it. But I wonder if you won’t run into many more problems, possibly every time you save a file. I’ve never seen a server block CHMOD before.

pchulpleusden Wrote:Is it because the files are not owned by root, but by the ftp-user? If so, then I have another problem because I can't change the ownership to root because that's blocked by my webhost.
All write-able files should be created by GetSimple on installation. This means their owner is set to be whatever PHP process is running GetSimple. Even if it isn’t the root user GetSimple will always identify as the same PHP process and will still be able to access all the files. Only if you have uploaded XML files through FTP that you now want GetSimple to use will there be issues. Either just remove those files and let GetSimple create them anew or CHMOD them to 777 to give all server processes the rights to access it.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for you message! The problem is fixed now.

Quote:All write-able files should be created by GetSimple on installation. This means their owner is set to be whatever PHP process is running GetSimple. Even if it isn’t the root user GetSimple will always identify as the same PHP process and will still be able to access all the files. Only if you have uploaded XML files through FTP that you now want GetSimple to use will there be issues. Either just remove those files and let GetSimple create them anew or CHMOD them to 777 to give all server processes the rights to access it.
This is what fixed it. I've created a new Get Simple installation and watched what the owner was of the new created file. Then I copied (with PHP) all the files and directories from data to a new folder. Then I renamed data to data.old and the new folder to data. Now all the files are from the root user and I can chmod all the files.

You where also pointing in the right direction with:
Quote:Next up I think you are using a wrong username–password pair.
The combination was good, but because of the headers where already outputted he didn't place the cookie and thought I wasn't logged in and redirected. Therefore he wanted to edit the log-file.

About upgrading to 3.1, unfortunately thats not possible because the website will give timeouts (caching plugin).

@Martijn
Zat jij niet op Bouweenpc?
pchulpleusden Wrote:Zat jij niet op Bouweenpc?
Niet dat ik weet, ik bouw geen PCs en heb tot mijn grote spijt niet echt veel verstand van hardware. De laatste keer dat ik een PC heb gekocht is… 7 jaar geleden denk ik?! Toch leuk om nog weer een Nederlander hier te zien!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hi pchulpleusden,

Whats the issue with 3.1 and caching??

would like to sort out any issues for the next bug release...

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
Zegnåt Wrote:
pchulpleusden Wrote:Zat jij niet op Bouweenpc?
Niet dat ik weet, ik bouw geen PCs en heb tot mijn grote spijt niet echt veel verstand van hardware. De laatste keer dat ik een PC heb gekocht is… 7 jaar geleden denk ik?! Toch leuk om nog weer een Nederlander hier te zien!
Haha, dan is het inderdaad duidelijk iemand anders. Toendertijd zat er namelijk ook een iemand bij Bouweenpc die naar Zweden was verhuist en ook het een en ander aan programmeren deed, vandaar dat ik die link legde. Wink Maar inderdaad leuk om te zien dat ik niet de enige bent!

n00dles101 Wrote:Hi pchulpleusden,

Whats the issue with 3.1 and caching??

I'm getting the following message:
Quote:Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in /volume1/web/ontwikkeling/admin/inc/caching_functions.php on line 251
With a fresh install it works great, but when I wanted to use my old data from the GS3.0-installation it crashed.
pchulpleusden Wrote:
Quote:Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in /volume1/web/ontwikkeling/admin/inc/caching_functions.php on line 251
With a fresh install it works great, but when I wanted to use my old data from the GS3.0-installation it crashed.

How many pages does your site have?
Do you use custom fields?
It does have 36 page's, but also 29 galleries (i18ngallery). The only thing I can see in the /data/cache/-folder is a file named "stylesheet.txt" with off course the stylesheet in it. I do also have 29MB of files in the upload-folder. I hope I helped you with this information.
The page caching/index file is pages.xml in the /data/other folder.
What size does it have?
My apologies for my late reaction, but the file pages.xml is 20KB big.
of the 36 pages, are you using customfields on these?
If so what type of fields?
My Github Repos: Github
No, I'm not using the customfields-plugin. But I have a little contact form integrated in the template for the contact-page, maybe that can has to something with it?
pchulpleusden Wrote:My apologies for my late reaction, but the file pages.xml is 20KB big.

No problem, anyway later I thought that this may not be a good indicator, as that file may not be complete.

In my GS 3.1 test site with 47 pages, pages.xml is 30K and no problem (however there are no big pages).

Could you take a look to your data/pages/ folder to find which *.xml file is the biggest one, and what size it is?
Carlos Wrote:
pchulpleusden Wrote:My apologies for my late reaction, but the file pages.xml is 20KB big.

No problem, anyway later I thought that this may not be a good indicator, as that file may not be complete.

In my GS 3.1 test site with 47 pages, pages.xml is 30K and no problem (however there are no big pages).

Could you take a look to your data/pages/ folder to find which *.xml file is the biggest one, and what size it is?
The biggest file is hotels.xml and in the pages.xml file. The hotels.xml file is automatically generated with a modified version of i18n-gallery, it generates the page exactly as GetSimple does (the contents) but these pages are generated with DOM and also do have formatOutput set True:
Code:
$doc->preserveWhiteSpace = false;  //For formatting output (loading XML)
$doc->formatOutput = true;
Maybe that has something to do with it?