Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Click Plugin Updaters?
Are there any plans to make updating GS and its Plugins a One-Click operation?

I have searched on the forums and plugins for a push button updater for plugins but haven't found one.

I would love to be able to sell more clients on the use of GetSimple but for most of them having to download, unzip, and then ftp every single plugin update that comes along is way out of their comfort zone.

Anything like this on the horizon?

Thank you,
Dominic
Dominic Wrote:Are there any plans to make updating GS and its Plugins a One-Click operation?

I have searched on the forums and plugins for a push button updater for plugins but haven't found one.

I would love to be able to sell more clients on the use of GetSimple but for most of them having to download, unzip, and then ftp every single plugin update that comes along is way out of their comfort zone.

Thank you,
Dominic

Did you check the extend? There is a plugin called Extend Downloader that does exactly what you ask for.
Extend Downloader does this jobSmile Install it, then in Plugins on the right choose option Download Plugins.
But for me Extend Downloader doesn't work: download plugins in .zip format to /admin folder and nothing more, I don't know whySad
lukkki Wrote:Extend Downloader does this jobSmile Install it, then in Plugins on the right choose option Download Plugins.
But for me Extend Downloader doesn't work: download plugins in .zip format to /admin folder and nothing more, I don't know whySad
I wish you would have posted that in the plugin's support thread. Due to lack off comments in the thread, I assumed the plugin was working properly for everyone.
mikeh Wrote:
Dominic Wrote:Are there any plans to make updating GS and its Plugins a One-Click operation?

Thank you,
Dominic

Did you check the extend? There is a plugin called Extend Downloader that does exactly what you ask for.

I did check the Extend, but I guess I was using the wrong search terms. I searched for "one click plug in updater" or something like that. I will check it out, thank you!
somebody currently develop a one click updater / installer ?
(2013-07-10, 03:46:51)phpman Wrote: somebody currently develop a one click updater / installer ?

it is already developed:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...oader/278/
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
And a simple updater is.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/updater/403/
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hi there!

Been reading for a while here and do use this fine CMS for several sites.

Was wondering if the One Click Updater should show more than: "Upgrade Recommended 3.2.2"

No Button shows up to activate the auomated upgrade.

Is it just me Undecided ?
There should be a download button.
There is no auto updater.
(2013-08-10, 06:45:20)shawn_a Wrote: There should be a download button.
There is no auto updater.

Don't even get the download button - no big deal, but the readme.md says:

Features
--------
* Update your out-of-date plugins with a single click
* Update your GetSimple installation to the latest version

Hoped this would be a wordpress like single click update.
What readme ? Thats not in our readme, are you talking about a plugin ?
The updater plugins all have to be run from their menus.

The plugin i posted above does single click updates. But from the plugin itself not the health check.

"In the Plugins page in your admin panel, there will be a new menu entry: Updater"
Not sure which plugin you are using there are several
The Updater plugin says: "Keep your GetSimple INSTALLATION and plugins up to date
Version 1.0.1 — Author: Reed Murphy"

Well. Ok. Thanks for answering, Shawn. Will have to do it manualy then.
Yeah if you install it and follow the instructions.
Did you install the plugin and activate it?
Then click the updater link on the side of the plugins page, or wherever the instructions say?