Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
document creation time
I'd like to request an additional tag in xml files, which would store document creation time.
Sometimes there might be a need to show creation time along with date of last change (<pubDate>).
It would come in handy for i18n search plugin.

any chances for that ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:I'd like to request an additional tag in xml files, which would store document creation time.
Sometimes there might be a need to show creation time along with date of last change (<pubDate>).
It would come in handy for i18n search plugin.

any chances for that ?

Yes, this feature was already requested by others, too.

In the mean time both I18N Custom Fields and I18N Special Fields already automatically add a creation date/time field (creDate, same format as pubDate) and provide functions for accessing it.

You can use the parameter order=created to sort the search results by creation date.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:Yes, this feature was already requested by others, too.

In the mean time both I18N Custom Fields and I18N Special Fields already automatically add a creation date/time field (creDate, same format as pubDate) and provide functions for accessing it.

You can use the parameter order=created to sort the search results by creation date.

I haven't noticed such threads, but I'd surely vote for such simple requests, as such things shouldn't be available exclusively by using additional plugins.
After digging a bit about this, creation date can be grabbed only on windows hosting.

Going further there could be additional xml tags for plugin developers.
Some of them - as Mvlcek mentioned - were already proposed. For example flags, which would allow the plugin to hide the page on page list (to prevent accidental deletion of an news or search page).

GS power stays in plugins, but having to use too many plugins rather complicate things.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:After digging a bit about this, creation date can be grabbed only on windows hosting.

If you want to get/add the creation time for/to existing pages - otherwise (as done in the mentioned plugins) the creation time is automatically stored, when the page is saved for the first time and then never changed again.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I like these suggestions.

I vote for file creation date and read only flag added to core.
They seem simple enough.

Any issues with changing title or slug will have to be considered with regards to creation date.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix