Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot edit empty page title
I am new to get simple cms.

I wanted to have the exact same formatting for the header and a new line... so I decided to leave the "Page Title" blank. (I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but that's not the point).

So when I try to enter that page (the only page I currently have), I can't click on the page title because it's blank. Screenshot attached.

Someone have a workaround for this?
Open this in your browser:

YOURSITE/admin/edit.php?id=index

I presume it is the index page as it is the only one in the list.

(If it was another page, you should change 'index' by the page slug.)
Johnpecan Wrote:I am new to get simple cms.

I wanted to have the exact same formatting for the header and a new line... so I decided to leave the "Page Title" blank. (I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but that's not the point).

So when I try to enter that page (the only page I currently have), I can't click on the page title because it's blank. Screenshot attached.

Someone have a workaround for this?

... i recently uploaded a tutorial which might help you out in the future in the very question of creating titles, primarily using HTML5.
http://eatons.net/tutorials/
Johnpecan Wrote:(I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but that's not the point).
To leave out the title is no good way, as you cannot create a page without a title and have a correct working page

your screenshot does not really help as we do not see which template you are using

yes, you can change the formatting of the title in your template, by editing the CSS

title in <h1> is necessary for SEO, but you can define the font-size of the title in <h1> with CSS

I am sure eaton's tutorial will help you out
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I had this same problem more than a year ago. I posted this in the forum. After that they changed the code for the next version of GS so that I'm not able to make an empty page. Wonder what version of GS you're using.
Looks like your using 3.0 from the screenshot.

Please update to version 3.1 which fixes this problem as well as tons more.
My Github Repos: Github
I think Johnpecan's problem is that the page title is not blank, but has only one or more blanks (space characters). Then the edit-link is not visible in the page manager. This happens with GS 3.1 too.
GS3.1 won't allow you to save with a blank Title or Slug
n00dles101 Wrote:GS3.1 won't allow you to save with a blank Title or Slug

It's still possible to create a page with e.g. three blanks in the title.
It's not possible to edit such a page (without entering the link in the address bar), as the link on the page view is not visible.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Ah ok, I see now.. I wasn't entering a slug name.. now with spaces it saves...

Sorry, thought we had fixed that problem.
Mike - i guess we need to do a trim() before we check to see if it's empty or not... should be an easy fix in the core.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Added to the issue tracker.