Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my current projects.
Please go here and look over the design and give me your input.

http://dev.internet54.com/pinete/

Thanks! Cool
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Looks really nice.
On the contact form it shows links for clear and submit are you going to change them to buttons?
What system you going to use for sales?
Thanks for sharing.
Rich
I don't say this enough, but I do appreciate the help.
I'm gonna keep them as text. Sometimes buttons are overated Wink

As for the sales system, the client wanted me to setup a backend for them to enter in their clients and the products and prices for each specific one. Then allow the client to login and place an order with special pricing. Then on the front end it be a simple table of all products available to consumers. The Send link will take the inputs and send the order through PayPal.

All very simple to setup.

Thanks!
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

I like it usability wise, visually not so much.

The background, if your browser size is large doesn't fade into the black and I think its a bit distracting from the overall design.

The submit / clear text could use some styling.
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
^ Hard to have a selection of fonts when the width of the page is so small.

internet54 Wrote:^ Hard to have a selection of fonts when the width of the page is so small.

True. Why not make the menu more striking? visually? I know its client work however :/
random stuff. idk.
I have to say, accessibility wise, it is a extremely bad idea to use text links instead of buttons on the form. Currently there is no way to submit the form when Javascript is disabled, this is where buttons work.

I’d like to see buttons there, you could always style them to look like text links.

I like the looks, except for the way the background cuts out on the top of the page. Maybe move up the whole page to touch the browser chrome?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
^ If someone visits the site without JS enabled, they are a fool. And if you goto a site with JS disabled, then you clearly are a person that visits sites that don't need to be online (hacking, warez, etc...)

internet54 Wrote:^ If someone visits the site without JS enabled, they are a fool. And if you goto a site with JS disabled, then you clearly are a person that visits sites that don't need to be online (hacking, warez, etc...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich
I don't say this enough, but I do appreciate the help.
internet54 Wrote:If someone visits the site without JS enabled, they are a fool.
Previously they were hardly fools, just sight-impaired. Most new screen readers now support Javascript but older ones don’t.

The other group, for whom this is still a issue, are those behind corporate firewalls. I haven’t read into coverage of these firewalls but it might even hold for those on a university offered connection on campus. Not to long ago I came upon someone mentioning a few of the most used big-scale firewalls showing they do not allow Javascript. This brings a second problem as it is not the browser disabling it and the browser will therefore not go and show you the contents of the NOSCRIPT-element.

Finally, according to NoScript, experts do agree your browser is safer with Javascript disabled.

All this considered, there is still no reason to use links instead of buttons. As you can make buttons blend in as much as you want with your CSS.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
^ It's also safer to use a browser other than IE but millions of people still use the ugly thing.
random stuff. idk.
If I worried about those 5% that are behind those firewalls maybe I would care more. JS provides a better user experience. If I had a corporation, I would make sure to disable JS and also block out any sites that shouldn't be accessed. The people using those machines know they're being watched by an IT department.

By the end of this year I will cease all mods and fixes for IE6 and will still not develop for non-JS machines. IE 6 and non-JS users are nearly the same people, being watched.

Developers have waited long enough for IE6 to go away and M$ has helped the issue by rolling out updates to IE8 to XP machines. The stats are showing that the web has no intentions on waiting for old machines to keep declaring their needs over the needs of moving forward.

Now if only IE7 had better CSS support that would be great.

Don't you remember the cookies fiasco a few years ago. Everyone was scared to death about it, yet with the newer browsers people feel safer accepting them.

Tbh mate, i really like this.
The clean and submit button could have something done to them other than the original blue and underline they get.
Simply styling to change their colour and it's great.

I like the navigation Wink Very cool.
Visit my portfolio website: http://graphixant.com