Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Twitter-bootstrap GS
I forgot to post my i18n nav for bootstrap, it was in another thread.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...0#pid35170
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-06-06, 07:37:40)shawn_a Wrote: I forgot to post my i18n nav for bootstrap, it was in another thread.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...0#pid35170

Awesome! Thx for this.
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to GS CMS and am trying to implement this theme on my personal blogging site. The demo version of the bootstrap theme has a dropdown menu for the theme selector; how can use that in my navigation menu?

Thanks in advance!
Oliver
Hi,
I hope someone can help. I can get a dropdown menu for this template (Which is great by the way) using the i18n Navigation plugin but when viewing on a mobile (or shrinking the browser window to that of a mobile width) the dropdown menu doesn't push the content down. You can see a fraction of the first option but the main content is hiding the rest. This issue can also be seen at the example on the first post.

Would anybody have a solution for this. I don't know if a i18N issue or a template change is needed.

In post 47 of this thread there is a link to http://getsimple.dare-is.nl/ and that has the same problem as well. Top menu works great and gets pushed down but not the Sub-menus - ie Can't access them

I installed brand new everything - GS3.2.3, i18n 3.2.5, latest version of this template. The only thing I did was add 2 new pages and placed them under the home page.

As mentioned the dropdown works great on PC's but not on mobiles (or small browser windows). I have tried a few theme changes for this template but none work.

Hope to hear from someone.
OK. I think I fixed the issue above. After some research I added the following CSS.

.nav-collapse.collapse.in {
height: auto !important;
}

This pushed the content down when a SUBMENU item was clicked on or pressed on with a mobile device.

Now onto the next problem. The above worked great on a PC (Even with the browser size decreased) but when on an actual mobile each submenu option just brings you back the same page. The submenu just rolls back up and dose not go to the destination page.

After more research it may have been a bug in twitter bootstrap 2.2 and could have been fixed in version 2.3. I tried and copy over the Bootstrap.css and JS files but the problem still happens. I believe the bootstrap version in the template is 2.2 - is that correct?

Has anyone had the same issue. How can I update the version of twitter bootstrap correctly to test it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
Hey, I found this solution as well - It seems to work and thought I would let you know.

Here is the link that has it - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17178...e-browsers

Basically the answer is;

In your minified bootstrap.min.js file, find the substring

"ontouchstart"

and replace it with

"disable-ontouchstart"

Onto the next one Smile
Hey, It's me again. I just realised that Twitter Bootstrap 3 has been out for a couple of months. I downloaded a full customised version and replaced the JS & CSS in the GS template (like I did for 2.3.2) but it broke the menu (and probably a few other things).

Do you know if there are any plans to upgrade this template (or create a new one) to bootstrap version 3 and make it compatible with i18n_navigation.

For the meantime I'll stay with 2.3.2.

I'm just starting out on the bootstrap journey so trying to jump over every hurdle as I get to them.
bs 3 is not a swap out replacement, there are major changes.
Yes Shawn, I've been reading that as well. It may be that GS + bs 3 + Dropdown menus is not feasible at this stage.

If anyone comes up with a good solution then let me know.
Im sure its feasible, just uses a new stucture, I have not yet converted to 3.
There is a version up on github

https://github.com/rickparrish/Bootstrap3

not in extend yet that works really well....
My Github Repos: Github
Thanks n00dles101. That's what I like to see Smile. Am downloading it and will do some testing. Does it support dropdown menus using i18n_navigation (and compatible with other i18n plugins)?
it has its own built in multi menu functions...
Looks and works great... check his webpage for a demo. http://www.randm.ca
Great. I'll be happy to be involved in the project as a test user and provide feedback (if you don't mind being asked "how to" questions) if you want.

I've only ever used i18n_navigation for dropdown menus. Does this mean I have to uninstall i18n_navigation and use the "Page Parent" to define the child submenus or can I still use i18_navigation in the backend and bs 3 will figure it out.

The Demo site looks great. I really think that GS + BS 3 is a fantastic - best of both worlds - solution. A really easy to use backend and a fluid, responsive, works on all devices front end.

I look forward to putting your template through it's paces. Do you have (or are you going to create) your own support post to help out people like me.
its not mine... you'll have to talk to the author 8)
Thanks. I've made contact and hopefully it will develop further.
thanks a lot for this theme!

one strange thing i'm running into: when resizing the browser window, things generally respond well, but i can't figure out how to reliably control whether or not pictures retain their aspect ratio when they resize responsively to browser size changes.

how do i make sure images retain their aspect ratio when they get resized on the fly? also, is there a way to make them NOT resize responsively?

thanks... cheers!
.pltk.
Hi! I'm having an issue with thie theme: there is a space between the navbar and the content. I had that problem before and solved it converting the included files to UTF-8 without BOM, but now this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

The problem is that I used a jumbotron, and the gap between the navbar and the jumbotron is quite ugly (as you can see in the attached image)

Thanks!

EDIT:  Ok, the problem was that there is a CSS tag in header.inc.php giving a padding-top of 60 to the body, but the height of the navbar is 40px hence the gap.  I changed the CSS and now the jumbotron looks fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love this theme. Can you add new style.css?