Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta Download for 2.0
We are pleased to announce the beta release of GetSimple 2.0 today.

Download GetSimple 2.0 beta 3
Upgrade Instructions for 1.x to 2.0 Installations

Disclaimer: THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. DO NOT USE ON PRODUCTION SITES!

No documentation has been provided at this point, and we are just looking for input and bugs. Some of the major changes are the new plugin system (by Mike), the implementation of CKEditor instead of TinyMCE (by Chris) and a rewritten authentication system for more security. More light has been shed on the upload problem by Chris and Zegnåt and it seems Chris has been able to fix multi-upload flawlessly.

Do not use this version for any public website, it is beta and there will invariably be bugs stemming from this release that we will need to fix. Remember, beta versions are beta because they are filled with bugs! Don’t forget that.

Any bugs that are found in this release, please post within this Beta Testing Forum. Thank you.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I believe that GetSimple 2.0 beta 2 is better than GS 1.71, but still simple and clever. Really nice to work with GetSimple! Thank you!
@PRAG - Thanks... we were aiming on improving upon 1.71, so if we did, we've hit our mark!
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
You just made my day :-)
Thank you for the release.
Rich
I don't say this enough, but I do appreciate the help.
Hi Chris.

I just installed your GetSimple cms and its incredibly simple and extremely fast. I am used to Wordpress, so its really nice to see how fast this is.

I just have a couple of feedbacks. Hope its okay to leave feedback here, otherwise I hope you can move this to the appropriate forum.

1. It would be really nice to have the "Save Updates" button at the top of the page, maybe next to the View and Page Options buttons. Its a bit of a nuisance to have to scroll down to save. :-)

2. An easier way to insert images in the textfield.

3. In options - to be able to remove some of the editor buttons. I prefer not to give my customers the ability to chose Font type or font size for that matter.

Otherwise I really like this cms. Well done!!

Cordially
Vayu Robins
Beta#3 is now out for testing. Be sure to check out the new config file in the root of the installation. Plugin system is now much more stable and easy to use... documentation should be coming soon.

http://www.box.net/shared/zju04o39ab
- Chris

You forgot to style component list after so many components:

Code:
SidebarTaglinetesttest

preview:
Quote:[Image: Testing__Components_1264679085804.png]
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
Yeah, it might get added for this release - not sure. We are currently testing and retesting the plugin system to make sure it is stable. That is the main thing right now
- Chris

I could make a ton of plugins if you want for testing, Just don't know what to make, I'll do some requests.. :/
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
I'll be gone for the weekend or I would help test.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?