Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
content filters and page slugs
shawn_a Wrote:The problem is that some plugins use content filters that let you select a slug and perform actions on that slug with a content filter.

The problem is that these trigger on all content filters running on the same page request.
So all content gets replaced not just the content for the actual slug.

The content filter is available to filter the content of pages and replace parts or do some other processing.
If a plugin wants to replace the page content completely, it should rather do this in index-pretemplate:
  • this would allow this new content to include place holders for other plugins, as
  • it is irrelevant, if these other plugins runs before or after the "content replacing" plugin, and
  • the content is already available in theme-header (necessary e.g. for I18N Gallery).
  • Additionally content included with get_i18n_content or similar is not effected
In short: you could include e.g. I18N Galleries or GoogleMaps or components via DynPages in e.g. News Manager news and it would just work!

(this approach is used e.g. by I18N Special Pages)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
content filters and page slugs - by shawn_a - 2012-05-16, 04:41:52
RE: content filters and page slugs - by shawn_a - 2013-04-30, 01:19:36
content filters and page slugs - by mvlcek - 2012-05-16, 06:28:13
RE: content filters and page slugs - by Carlos - 2013-04-30, 01:07:51
content filters and page slugs - by shawn_a - 2012-06-01, 04:45:57